2006 Earthroamer

taylor3633

Observer
I know nothing about this but it looks to be a fair deal for someone looking for an XV-LT. Based on the guys profile pics he seems to be a motorhead so likely the engine has been gone through but who knows. I have never seen that layout. Its been on there a while...

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Reached out to seller who said no bulletproofing done, but turbo replaced last year.

zip

He's looking for a sucka! ;)

I'm not sure about that.
The price isn't really that far off.
ERs generally go for top dollar.
With this whole Covid price pad silliness, that raises the price as well.
I think at 150, it would probably sell.
For me, I would have to spend an additional 20 to have the engine pulled and bulletproofed.

rawtoxic

I liked the earthroamer that youtube family dude had in Canada better #28.
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/sold-—-earthroamer-28-for-sale-f450-6-0l-2006.231327/

It took #28 a while to sell maybe because it was Canada or maybe the price $150k. Who knows what it went for in the end.

Also really liked Earthroamer #37 super cherry elderly owned. I tried to buy it but I landed my Tiger same time after the first guy backed out they called me to buy it but had just bought the Tiger. A seldom poster here bought it. $125k was it's price.

Both those Earthroamers were not on the MPT41s and this one is so that may have some bearing in price difference. I really like the upgrades done on #28. I would have probably bought it but I'm very deep in a real estate deal right now for a couple years.

Zip I think the price too high on the f450 Tiger. I hadn't seen that Tiger but it's kind of big for a bengal body imo - I'd want a Siberian or something larger with 450/550 chassis. I think you can get a gasser f350 tiger out the door for less than $200k and that's pretty loaded. My .02

Also Zip probably not best to bulletproof an engine that old, I would let it go til she blows and get a fresh one and bulletproof it right away.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Wow, good find. That guy is on the FB group, was hinting about a sale months ago, wanting $200k. To his credit, it's on a 450 chassis (rare), and has every option. But that price is unprecedented for a Tiger on the used market....

Wow, I almost ordered a new Tiger from factory in 2018 for $160k fully loaded on F350. Now guy wants over $200k for F450.....no freakin' way....

zip

RT,

"Also Zip probably not best to bulletproof an engine that old, I would let it go til she blows and get a fresh one and bulletproof it right away."

Yep, that seems to make more sense.

Last edited:

taylor3633

Observer
RT,

"Also Zip probably not best to bulletproof an engine that old, I would let it go til she blows and get a fresh one and bulletproof it right away."

Yep, that seems to make more sense.

I opted to bulletproof my '06 w/ ~ 120000 miles a couple of years ago but in hindsight absolutly would have replaced/potentially Cummins convert for the extra money it would have cost.

Reactions: zip

zip

I opted to bulletproof my '06 w/ ~ 120000 miles a couple of years ago but in hindsight absolutly would have replaced/potentially Cummins convert for the extra money it would have cost.

If the right opportunity ever came up to purchase an ER with a 6.4, I would definitely look into the Cummins swap.
The biggest issue would be registering in CA, and dealing with the DMV. I have heard it can be done, but not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design