2012 F550 4x4 Ambulance Conversion

BryantKnives

2012 F550 4x4 226k miles
$55,000
Located in Hattiesburg MS
I purchased this Ambo from a small town in KY. It’s taken me a little over a year to convert it to the current state. I’ve put about 5k miles on it, drove it home from Ky and also drove it 950 mile round trip to Overland Expo East. EVERY door locks with the key fob.
Reason for sale: the little brown guy in the pics. It is not very fun for him to travel in a single cab. He’s used to a crew cab style and being able to get in back and out of the way. We’ve had a couple fights so far when he gets tired of being cooped up. I already have my next home/project going.
I have the maintenance records from the last owner, and the major components (engine, trans, transfer case) have all been replaced in the last 100k miles. It is deleted with a mild tune. I haven’t had any mechanical trouble from it. It still has a small oil drip when you park it, 1 or 2 drops. Small drops. I had a bad dipstick tube but have recently fixed it. It does need a new AC clutch. I unhooked the AC during the conversion and when I vacuumed and refilled the clutch was making noise so I decided to skip it for a bit. I'll be working on this in August.
Systems:
100Ah at 48v (5.1 Kwh) server rack battery. Second battery spot already in place, just have to purchase one. 3kw EG4 inverter Victron Shunt and Charge controller for the 900w of Bifacial panels. I have gotten over 1000 watts with it in perfect conditions. Secondary inverter to provide “DC” charging while truck is running. Charges at 21 amps when driving, 5 hrs to full from zero. 9k Btu Mini split. Insulated to 3” in the walls with no thermal bridging and 4.5” overhead. It will stay as cold as you want it if you don’t mind using the power. Also has a 5kw diesel heater, it will heat down as low as you can stand to go.
I have been able to get 4 days off grid running the AC without external input in close to 100 degree temps. I can go indefinitely in cooler weather if it’s sunny.
42 gal Fresh water, 4 gal coolant/Electric water heater. I haven’t used the coolant portion yet but it is hooked up. 18 gallon gray tank, I empty it twice then I have one shower left and I have to find water. Typically this lasts me a minimum of 10 days and up to 16 of showers almost every day.
Full shower, Laveo Dry Flush toilet, Onboard Air, Chinese Diesel Heater, Founders Super Singles, 12k winch, Plenty of storage, WeBoost Cell.
I have more room than I need inside, and I’m carrying every tool I built it with in the compartments.

Outdoor Bar Fridge inside, outside has a 45L IceCo for a deep freezer. I pull 3.5a when both fridges are running, 1.8 if everything is off.
Needs: Trim around doors, drawers, and kickplates. I have plans to delete the auto air ride and go manual. I would add another outlet near the bench and one in the rear. The main run is there, just needs decision made on where and to run. Hook up the other scene lights, I have the one by the entry door automated. Needs “garage” floor. I have matching tile, but I was planning gray coin style.
I can add an ADV bike to the deal for the right price.

Frame is rust free, and there are some very small bubbles on a couple of the hinges of the box. Truck works, runs, moves, and travels like it should. I'd probably be looking to change the front tires out to the new style (already on the rear) within the next 8 to 10k miles.
Untitled9.jpg
Untitled7.jpgUntitled3.jpg
Untitled10.jpg
Untitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled5.jpgUntitled8.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 114

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member