2021 Ram 2500 75th anniversary edition Power Wagon suspension upgrade questions

Mdsertell

Thanks for all the really good ideas from everyone.

from the sounds of things I need to replace my track bar, swaybar, shocks and tires.

Anyone recommend a good shop in west central Ohio for any of these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdsertell

Thanks for all the really good ideas from everyone.

from the sounds of things I need to replace my track bar, swaybar, shocks and tires.

Here’s what I’m thinking at this point:

Thuren track bar
Hellwig sway bar
Thuren 2.5 shocks
37” tires (keep stock 17”’rims) - trying to decide, always run BFG AT ko2 but open to other suggestions

Anyone recommend a good shop in west central Ohio for any of these things?

TommyG

Adventurer
Do one thing at a time and then re-evaluate. It makes it a lot easier to find the culprit if the upgrade did not improve things in the way that you were hoping. Carli and Thuren are both very helpful with technical questions when you are trying to sort things out.

I would try the Thuren rear track bar at some point in your process. It really helps with that wagging/wallowing feeling in the rear of the truck.

Mdsertell

Good call on one step at a time.

What’s the difficulty level of a diy install of the Thuren track bar?

I’d consider myself fairly mechanical but have never done any major suspension repairs/replacements.

I have done water pumps, thermostats, brakes and a wheel hub assembly on a previous truck

Thanks again!

TommyG

Adventurer
Good call on one step at a time.

What’s the difficulty level of a diy install of the Thuren track bar?

I’d consider myself fairly mechanical but have never done any major suspension repairs/replacements.

I have done water pumps, thermostats, brakes and a wheel hub assembly on a previous truck

Thanks again!

It is not bad. You can do it on the garage floor/driveway with the rear tires on the ground so that is a plus. Easier if you drop the spare to give yourself a little room to work and see what you are doing. You have to fit the bracket up and drill out one hole bigger and two new ones for the Power Wagons. Just take your time and use good sharp drill bits.

There are a lot of good youtube videos of the install. Torque everything like the instructions say and check them once or twice after driving it a little. With what you have tackled in the past you would likely make short work of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad