3 bed Tent Trailer new to me

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
I was planning on building a Jumping Jack style tent trailer until I found this for sale the other day.IMG_0549.jpg
It is a homemade sheet metal trailer. I think the canvas is from another trailer. It is in rough shape but very sound platform for the build up. I took it out last night for a trial run and it setup easy and actually had a lot of room. Both of my kids had their own bed and I had my own also. That makes up for the problem of not being able to stay hooked up and set up if I want to. It is a very light trailer supposedly is less that 400 lbs. It already is sitting on 31" tires. So it will be decent on the mild trails as of right now. Here are the pics from the trip and of it opened up in the garage the first day.IMG_0567.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0565.jpgIMG_0564.jpgIMG_0563.jpgIMG_0562.jpgIMG_0561.jpgIMG_0557.jpgIMG_0568.jpg

I do need to replace the wood all 3 beds and remove the front addition added onto the tongue. I found out that the rear stabilizer legs are 3 inches to short.

Last edited:

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
Thank you Mark. At least I know it's not homemade. But can't find a thing on the Internet about it. Thinking about heading out again tomorrow. Just trying to find a place out of the heat with a place for the kids to play.

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
New modification

I had an old Thule rack floating around. During the first trip with it in my DD I realized I would be a little short on storage for more than one night and day. So I decided to fit the rack to the camper. I will find out how it works next weekend when I take it out again. Pics to follow soon. Trying to figure out how to upload from iPhone.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
That thing is way kool!!!! You are going to have a ball figuring out what you want and need. Should weigh very little. I would love to have one like that. Lite as a feather. But the other half has outlawed any type of tent or tent on a trailer. I love these one of kind so to speak finds. That tent is huge. Have fun man.

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
Just got back from a weekend with my boys camping. The trailer worked great. Had more storage with the rack. It towed well behind my truck. I realized I would need an awning, so I juried rigged an old tent fly. Here are a few pics from tP1440535.jpgP1440462.jpghe trip.

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
tetyqete.jpg
bebu8ysu.jpg
9y8umyzy.jpg

I have done a little to the trailer since my last post. I did and axle flip and then realized it was hard to get into before the lift. So I added a truck step to the back and with the attaching brackets it came with I can raise and lower it with some QD pins I had coating around. I got my truck inspected and found out the trailer had a short in the wiring and blew the fuse. So I added some LED lights to it and have it wired for a battery and charging off the truck while intow. I just need to find a fuse box that will work with my needs. I finally got my 37's on the truck. The trailer looks almost flat behind it with a 2" drop hitch. Now if I use my daily driver it looks really weird with a 7" raise hitch.
eju9asyg.jpg

I think my camping season is done here with my little ones so I am going to slowly start replacing the wood and adding the onboard power and lights. Maybe even a little paint and a lot of metal repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
Since camping season is over for my boys and I. I decided to start the repair and upgrade process. I got some wood for the beds and new interior flooring. All three bed platforms are off and awaiting the new wood and hinges. I am winging it for interior LED lights and a water pump for the tank I am going to install under the trailer. I am thinking of a 6 circuit power bus to power the trailer with one battery and an exterior charging port. Here are a few of the progress so far.
ubasamum.jpg

y5edarub.jpg
a4anunu3.jpg

a9e9ysam.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
It's been a long time since I updated this. I had an injury so I had to put the trailer on hold. But just started up again. I extended the tongue 3 ft and just laid hardwood floors yesterday. I also applied Deck over on the new beds.

ff0cefa72923eff5a3786a1a5c011e37.jpg

0a539f9424d104943b83789290f56eac.jpg

41abd27fbd1ca7fd8d0034740941e88c.jpg
38463f44e470c44055473c5c49915861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1