335 80 20 Goodyear G275 MSA

NWL

Goodyear G275 MSA 335 80 R20 Fply set of 4 TEST FIT SET APPROXIMATELY 9k mileage on them no plugs or tears. Located in Oregon $4200 dm me
IMG_9241.jpeg
4200​

Attachments

• IMG_9238.jpeg
    IMG_9238.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9236.jpeg
    IMG_9236.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9235.jpeg
    IMG_9235.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12

NWL

They balanced out on the machine and road fine and ran them for 9k. I sold that truck and the guy wanted the continentals due to the larger load cap on the contis. I’ve had a few sets of these contis and good years they have balanced out with weights. Bead balancing is not the avenue for these unless that’s your only option.

NWL

The G275 is known for having bad quality control. Some are round, the vast majority are not and require shaving/truing to have a decent ride.
How many out of round sets have you personally had? I’ve had 2 sets no issues my friend had an issue with a set turned out to be the 3pc wheel. Mounted them to a set of buckstops wheels weight balanced them and they were tits. I think some of the issue is people are unfamiliar with the ride of a f450 f550 cab & chassis. A lot of granola eating overlanders are new to the game. (No offense I love granola 😂) The rear of these trucks are a c channel commercial spec set up. They don’t ride like a dual wheel f350 or standard f450 or your over pay-loaded taco. They need load or weight to not buck and ride terrible. Also people run these tires 80 90 psi with no load or weight on them let some air out bud. I’m not saying Goodyear quality control isn’t bad, military contracted equipment leans that way. But I think it is a combination of things. They run way smoother at low speeds than the Contis do, and at high speed they are almost silent. I’ve ran 100k on different wheel and tire set ups Contis and good years. My other daily was a ram 2500 on 40s. I also have a custom tube chassis truck that is on 40s LT tires are always gonna ride better then any military tire!!! My 2 cents peace ✌️

danneskjold

How many out of round sets have you personally had? I’ve had 2 sets no issues my friend had an issue with a set turned out to be the 3pc wheel. Mounted them to a set of buckstops wheels weight balanced them and they were tits. I think some of the issue is people are unfamiliar with the ride of a f450 f550 cab & chassis. A lot of granola eating overlanders are new to the game. (No offense I love granola 😂) The rear of these trucks are a c channel commercial spec set up. They don’t ride like a dual wheel f350 or standard f450 or your over pay-loaded taco. They need load or weight to not buck and ride terrible. Also people run these tires 80 90 psi with no load or weight on them let some air out bud. I’m not saying Goodyear quality control isn’t bad, military contracted equipment leans that way. But I think it is a combination of things. They run way smoother at low speeds than the Contis do, and at high speed they are almost silent. I’ve ran 100k on different wheel and tire set ups Contis and good years. My other daily was a ram 2500 on 40s. I also have a custom tube chassis truck that is on 40s LT tires are always gonna ride better then any military tire!!! My 2 cents peace ✌️

I’ve had one out of round set, and off the top of my head can think of 5-7 friends I personally know who have had out of round sets. It’s a pretty notorious and wide spread issue that even Buckstop acknowledges.

I’ve put probably 60-70k on MPT81s with 3 different sets of wheels over the last four years, so I do have some experience in this.

FWIW, Buckstop told me Goodyear is no longer selling these to the commercial market so for anyone who is wanting G275s this is a solid deal. If these are in fact round then they are a quieter and longer lasting alternative to the MPT81s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk