4" Lift for GX470/Prado?

p nut

butter
Hey Rifleman, you might want to post this up on the 4Runner forum just below the LC forum. I believe the GX shares more in common with the 120-chassied 4Runner. Good luck.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Riflman,
Besides a bracket kit for a tacoma/4runner (I would run away from those) the most lift you should do would be 2.5-3. Every inch you go up you are eating up down travel. If the truck is for looks, then that's fine, but if you want it to work well, keep it low.

As p nut said check out the 4runner forum. A GX/FJcruiser/Tacoma/4th Gen 4runner/5th gen 4runner/Prado etc are all basically the same suspension wise with different bodies and chassis lengths. (with the exception that a taco has rear leaf springs)
Which is good news because there are a multitude of suspension options.

p nut

butter
SOAZ - Looks like you're hankerin' to get in that 80, seeing that you're lurking here. :D Good luck with the sale.

java

Expedition Leader
The gx470 uses the same chassis as the 4th gen 4runner. Check out toyota120 for everything you might want to know....

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
If you gotta have 4", use a 2" suspension and 2" body lift. Even Arctic Trucks doesn't lift Prados any higher, and they put on some HUGE rubber.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Mine the older version Prado- probably the same suspension

This is a 2-3 " lift with metric equivalent 33"s
all works and fits correctly

Danimal

Adventurer
I had a friend in the past with a drop bracket lift on a Tacoma and it really limited him offroad due to the negative impact on ground clearance.

Dan

SOAZ

SOAZ - Looks like you're hankerin' to get in that 80, seeing that you're lurking here. :D Good luck with the sale.

Who me!? Haha. They guy who just walked back to work because I sold my truck about 10 minutes ago. :)
It's either an 80, a gx, or a 5th gen, but you know which way I'm leaning!

p nut

butter
I had a friend in the past with a drop bracket lift on a Tacoma and it really limited him offroad due to the negative impact on ground clearance.

Dan

Not to mention the ultra ugliness...

Who me!? Haha. They guy who just walked back to work because I sold my truck about 10 minutes ago. :)
It's either an 80, a gx, or a 5th gen, but you know which way I'm leaning!

Hmm...sounds like you're looking for a good mix of all three--a 100!

SOAZ

Oh heck, a 100 is nice, but it feels like giving up. Might as well get a station wagon with fake wood grain on the side. ;-)
:victory:

Back on topic. GX470 lifts. If your wanna go fast Icon in front and back. Get rid of the rear airbags because they will fail.
If you wanna go slow go Old Man Emu and still get rid of the coils. :smiley_drive:

Not to mention the ultra ugliness...

Hmm...sounds like you're looking for a good mix of all three--a 100!

p nut

butter
Oh heck, a 100 is nice, but it feels like giving up. Might as well get a station wagon with fake wood grain on the side. ;-)
:victory:

flipoff_smiley_sticker__66441_thumb.jpg

Riflman

Observer
Okay. Thanks. Not sure I wasn't getting notifications. I'm leaning toward XD Monster 18" wheels with -12 offset and Toyo Open Country MT's in 275/70R18 tires which are 33.6" diameter x 11" wide. My shocks look brand new. They are Bilsteins with Arnott labels and a UPC with a number printed on it that says 29-4491, but I can't source the part number to tell what they really are.

Rear air bags are still there. Front stock shocks are still on, but the passenger side is leaking, so I'm looking at Fox coilovers for the front, but I might cheap out for now and go with adjustable Bilsteins and reuse the coils. I plan to just start with removing the running boards and adding the wheels and tires, so hopefully with this combo and moving the rear sensors I can get it to work. Once I can afford it, I'll do the bumpers, sliders and add a winch.

I would have gone with 17" tires for more meat, but I really love those monster wheels.

$(KGrHqV,!qsFC)3pG-IQBR!Yt0CtwQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16d,!)kE9s4,BL)rBR!Yt-u,Fg~~60_57.JPG

Riflman

Observer
Mine the older version Prado- probably the same suspension

This is a 2-3 " lift with metric equivalent 33"s
all works and fits correctly

Are those 33x10's? Can you give me the exact metric size and brand? I like them. Not too wide, but still tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1