97 F250 Veggie Expo Build

talltroy

Hey all,

I'd like to show off the new rig! Haven't actually seen her in person yet, as I'm on the road in Canada until the end of March, but my friend just took delivery of her in Jackson yesterday! 1997 F250 7.3L 4x4 converted to waste veggie oil with 190k on the clock. Previous owner took amazing care of it, and already put a flippac on it! I might be building a tiny house here in August or September, so the FlipPac might not be permanent, but we'll see.

Pics or it didn't happen:

The two rear shocks are blown according to the mechanic, so I'll probably go for a 2.5" lift all the way around. Also a front bumper is certainly in order (I've taken out a few deer in the past). Also going to be swapping over Amber D2's (ideally on the exterior A Pillar).

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I've owned a few trucks in the past and currently drive a 6.0 F250 for work, but haven't owned a 7.3 before, but I've heard tales of their prowess.

Cheers!

talltroy

Just got back from Moab, and frankly I'm super impressed with how well the FlipPac worked. I had very low expectations and anticipated selling it and replacing it with another solution, but it's ************** awesome. I just have to rebuild the truck bed itself, the flat table eats up way too much of the usable space in the bed.

Has anyone ever winter camped in a FlipPac? Is there a way to insulate it well?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
head over to the pop-up forum and there is a wealth of info on flippacs...and as far as the truck check out oilburners.net they are the best source for any and all questions!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Just got back from Moab, and frankly I'm super impressed with how well the FlipPac worked. I had very low expectations and anticipated selling it and replacing it with another solution, but it's ************** awesome. I just have to rebuild the truck bed itself, the flat table eats up way too much of the usable space in the bed.

Has anyone ever winter camped in a FlipPac? Is there a way to insulate it well?

Those are pretty cool campers. It's like having cathedral ceilings.

talltroy

head over to the pop-up forum and there is a wealth of info on flippacs...and as far as the truck check out oilburners.net they are the best source for any and all questions!

I'll check it out, thanks!

Those are pretty cool campers. It's like having cathedral ceilings.

I'm pretty stoked. The flat table in the bed didn't work too well for me, I couldn't stand up straight with it in (I'm 6'4"). So, I passed it along to a friend who just got a tundra, and it fits perfect. Now I have a fire under my *** to come up with a better solution!

Today: I got the Viper system fixed, just needed a new remote. Got one of those and now I have keyless unlock and remote start! Yeehaw!
Tomorrow the new suspension goes on, 2.5" all the way around. Looking to get new tires that won't rub too bad, looking at the 285/70R17 zone. Also going to get a rear bumper fabbed up here soon that'll carry a fullsize spare and hopefully put in a secondary trailer hitch that I can use for bike racks. That way the bike rack can swing out of the way and make cooking on the tailgate easier!

talltroy

Installing the lift ended up being a bit more involved than anticipated, and the mechanic noticed that the wheel bearings were shot, and the last mechanic that did the brakes just did a pad slap - rotors were shot. So, new brakes all the way around, new wheel bearings, and now Rufus is 2.5" taller than a few days ago!

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Wheels get ordered tomorrow - getting a set of 5 Method Standards. No full size spare carrier yet, but soon! I'm going to keep running the current tires until fall, then replacing them with 285/75R16 Grabbers (best deal for a solid tire). Sizing up a little bit from current tire, but not enough to justify buying them now.

talltroy

Still haven't gotten around to taking off the PO's sticker job. Not keen. However, I have been eying wrapping the FlipPac to match the rest of the truck.

talltroy

Had to shelf the idea of a fully on the road filtration system for now - bought a centrifuge setup off of KSL (Utah's version of CL), and will be able to spin hopefully around a hundred gallons before I leave for Boulder on in a week. At the very least, I can turn the centrifuge system into a semi-portable solution if/when I rig it up on a tiny home.

talltroy

Just passed you on I15, man that thing looks good with the flippac!

No ****, hey? Right on! I finally stripped all the PO's stickers off the body and that was 5 hours of labor and an entire bottle of goo-gone. Looks way better now.

Where do you ski up at? LCC or BCC?

snowaddict91

Adventurer
No ****, hey? Right on! I finally stripped all the PO's stickers off the body and that was 5 hours of labor and an entire bottle of goo-gone. Looks way better now.

Where do you ski up at? LCC or BCC?

I'm a LCC skier generally, how bout yourself? I'm always up for some turns!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1