99 DII A/C condensate drain location

voyageur

Adventurer
Yesterday, my spouse discovered a soaking wet floor mat, on the passenger side, front seat area. Windows and sun roofs were not open and we have had no rain. I am wondering if the liquid could be from the air conditioning condensate drain? In a couple of other vehicles (not Land Rovers) I had to find and clear out the drain.

Could someone tell me where the drain exits the dash area?

Thank you

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
2 nipples, under the truck, at the top of the transmisison tunnel. Yes, it's a common problem on these trucks. It's been covered in more detail if you search for it.

voyageur

Adventurer
Thanks Rob...

Do I understand I would slide under the car and then feel around for the "Nipples" between the floor of the car and the top of the transmission? Sounds kind of inconvenient... Once found how to clear? Wire? Are the nipples rubber / flexible or metal? Thank you for any assistance...

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Yes, that's basically it, you can see them. Two black rubber... well they look like robotic nipples would. Soon as you see them, you'll know it. Wire is good. Prepare to get wet.

buyrovers

Adventurer
Yes, that's basically it, you can see them. Two black rubber... well they look like robotic nipples would. Soon as you see them, you'll know it. Wire is good. Prepare to get wet.

Getting wet is an understatement, prepare to get covered in some nasty crap...

C-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1