any of you guys ever fit a cot in your Monty?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I know I have posted about the "Montero bed" in the past but was looking at the possibility of fitting a cot with the seats folded down, anyone pulled this off successfully?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I haven't done it but i imagine with the middle row removed it could be done.

Never tried, to me its so hard to unload the entire rig just to sleep inside. Rather throw the cot on the ground or in a tent. Seats would have to come out as they dont go completely flat.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I am hoping to experiment later today if I have time, but was thinking with the center row in the folded position the legs of the cot may clear the top of it, could even extend the legs of the cot using pvc pipe if needed. Just need to set up a temporary bed for hunting that is more comfortable than laying the seats down.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
SoCalMonty used to do that all the time. I think there's some photos on here somewhere of that

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
I found the worst thing with sleeping in the rig was the lack of headroom, when trying to get out of "bed". Mine was set up over top of the folded flat middle seats. I really should've just removed them, and I think it would've been more comfortable. At floor level, I'd imagine a low cot would work really well to swing your legs out over in the morning, but I guess I'm not answering your question... you did say temporary, so maybe this is just a one time setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1