Anyone here have a BMW HP2

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
....and if you do...would you like to trade it for an 1150GS Adventure?

:bike_rider:

-H-

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking through the Touratech book and the HP2 CAUGHT my eye!

It really looks like a more aggressive adventure bike with great hwy capabilities as well.

Curious that I have not seen more of them.
The F650 and G800 seem to have more popularity for that size category.

I think I want to try riding one!:Wow1:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Can you even get one here in the USA???

I went on to their page and only found a crotch rocket they also called HP2, what is up with that? Better yet how do you differenciate between HP2 race bikes and HP2 enduro bikes?

Personally I think it might be a touch too agressive towards the offroad, but if it could be a nice bike on the road I would be willing to consider it.

What size engine is in it?

Cheers

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Not sure about the 2010/11 model years, but the HP2 was a 1200cc enduro...fast fast fast....and 200 lbs lighter than the 1200/1150GS motos!

Available in the US...at about $18K if I recall correctly!

-H-

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Thanks, wonder why I can't find them online for sale anywhere.

Perhaps I will have to pop down to the local dealer and ask about them...

Cheers
Brian

RHINO

Expedition Leader
ive known a few guys with them,, even rode one around a bit on a nice mixed trail. they were/are very expensive,,, just saw one for sale used, asking price is 16k i think?
having ridden one, and a GS and a ktm 950 i can honestly say that the HP2 is a blast to ride with a pretty light feel and great suspension, however the width of the jugs limit you to where you can actually use that suspension. if your thing is riding similar terrain a GS can but faster/more aggressively its worth it, otherwise get a gs800 or ktm950.

edit; just like to clarify, its a totally different bike to ride than a GS, my thoughts are that it just wasnt the competition to the ktm950 bmw maybe hoped for and they are addressing that with the 800,,, i dunno.

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Well my thinking is that they were fairly expensive and specialized so they didn't sell many. The used market supply is possibly quite low, not sure about the demand?

Thanks, wonder why I can't find them online for sale anywhere.

Perhaps I will have to pop down to the local dealer and ask about them...

Cheers
Brian

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Brian, I believe that the enduro version was only here for one year -- maybe two. Very limited production. John Cartwright (owner of Iron Horse BMW) has one -- I couldn't keep up with him on my 800 when the trail opened up. The HP 2 (enduro) was just fast fast fast.

**edit -- it looks like the enduro was here for 2005 - 2007 (production from Aug 2004 - Aug 2006) with something in the neighborhood of 3,000 units produced -- with just shy of 400 being US spec (the remainder are Euro-Spec). (info from HP2info.com & bmweducation.co.uk)

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
They occasionally come up on adv rider for sale. I'd love to put a set of panniers on one and head to baja!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal