ARB Bumper and accessories for the H3

Scott Brady

Founder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seattle, May 28/ ARB 4x4 Accessories/ Due to the ever growing popularity and recent release in Australia, ARB 4x4 Accessories is proud to announce the release of the newest accessory in the Hummer H3 ARB product line up, the ARB Deluxe Winch Bumper.

Considering ARB’s twenty-year history manufacturing both original and after market accessories for vehicles around the world, you can be sure to expect a customized mounting system and sleek yet, functional winch compatible bumper system specifically engineered to enhance the look and operation of
your H3. Constructed from premium sheet steel with a tapered wing design, this bumper has been crafted for optimum strength and improved approach angles. ARB’s unique airbag compatible mounting system ensures both occupant and vehicle safety. A hard wearing powder coat finish completes the look of this stylish new bumper.

As with all ARB Bull Bar Bumpers, the utmost attention to detail has resulted in a variety of built-in features including recessed indicators, optional recessed fog lamps, Warn Winch compatibility, Hi-Lift jacking
points, driving light provisions, twin CB antenna mounting positions and the option to reuse the factory tow shackle recovery points.
ARB will release two bumpers, one to suit models with factory installed flares, and one that will accommodate models without the factory installed flares. With an estimated arrival date of late June for the first batch of bumpers to fit models with flares, ARB has opened the doors for pre orders. The current ETA for the bumper to fit models without flares is Summer 2008.

In addition to the Winch Bumpers, a rear bumper, roof rack, snorkel and Old Man Emu suspension system are currently being developed.

Hummer H3
ARB Deluxe Combination Winch Bumper
Page 1
ARB Hummer H3 Deluxe Bumper Features
- Mounts reinforce and strengthen chassis
- Suits IPF 800 and 900 Series driving lights
- Combination turn signals/running lights in wings
- Five fold upswept and tapered wings
- Large diameter 60mm tube complements the vehicle and offers maximum strength
- Durable black powder coat finish
- Cover panel for non winch applications
- Compact front overhang for excellent front approach angles
Part Number
Description
Retail
Hummer H3 Deluxe Winch Bumper W/Factory Flares
$1,116.85
Hummer H3 Deluxe Winch Bumper W/O Factory Flares
TBD
Optional Fog Lamp Kit to Suit Both H3 Winch Bumpers
$84.84
RD84
Rear Hummer H3 8.5” Ring Gear 10 Bolt Air Locking Differential
$984.94
TBD
Front Hummer H3 Air Locking Differential
TBD
About ARB
ARB Corporation Limited is Australia’s largest and industry leading manufacturer and distributor of quality, 4WD vehicle accessories, with distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide. The
company manufactures and stocks the world’s most respected and sought after brands including ARB Air Locker locking differentials and bumpers; Old Man Emu (OME) customized suspension systems, IPF high performance lightning, and Safari snorkel systems. ARB’s Seattle office is the North, South & Central American
headquarters and importer of ARB 4x4 Accessories.
Media Inquiries
For more information about ARB or to obtain production quality images please contact:
Steven Bisig, Marketing Assistant, ARB 4x4 Accessories 720 SW 34th Street, Renton, WA 98057
Tel: (425) 264-1391 | Fax: (425) 264-1392

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
May not be my favorite vehicle, but thats one sharp looking H3 and bumper!

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
MoGas said:
Great, now there will be more of them that think they can go off road.....

They can. Not my favorite truck in the world, but I have witnessed it.

I like how they integrated the factory "Jate Rings".

Last edited:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
expeditionswest said:
You should drive an H3 on the trail... It surprised me, especially with the Adventure package ;)

I drove H1s in the service....Those impressed me. In 15 years, if there are as many H3s still out there,with 200k+, holding the value of a Land Cruiser, I may change my mind.

I understand that in your business, you can't give bad press. I am by no means bashing the ARB products. They no doubt will be the strongest links on a vehicle of marginal build quality.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
MoGas said:
Great, now there will be more of them that think they can go off road.....

Yeah, what IS this H3 driver thinking???? He has a lot of nerve... (apologies to Chash3)

You think that he would have the good sense to drive some old Land Cruiser and then go around bashing others' choice of vehicles while engaging in a blatant thread hijack.... what better way to represent a Cruiser Club?

Nawww, why would anybody want to be so mean spirited on the Expedition Portal?? :ylsmoke:

Scott Brady

Founder
MoGas said:
I understand that in your business, you can't give bad press.

I give plenty of bad press... Have you seen my rants on H2s, made in China tents, etc.?

The H3 is not a bad choice for a trail and exploration SUV. They even have a pretty good quality record. Certainly, they are not an 80 series, but I would gladly take one over a 200 series....

BigAl

Expedition Leader
About 6-7 years ago, my buddy took a picture of a rig tearing through a mudhole. The ARB bumper/sticker was prominently displayed amidst splashing muddy water, it looked like a magazine ad. He sent the photo to ARB and told them to feel free to use it. They declined but sent him a free T-Shirt. I've liked them ever since.:beer:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
teotwaki said:
Nawww, why would anybody want to be so mean spirited on the Expedition Portal?? :ylsmoke:

Oh, excuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeeeee me! I was just offering my opinion. I am not being mean spirited.

I personally hold the Hummer knock offs (H2/H3) with the same feelings that I view the FJC and other vehicles that I will not own. I won't have another newer Rover product either. That's my opinion.

If I am not allowed to have an opinion, please let me know. I understand that expeditionswest is the owner of a magazine and (I think) this site, but I kiss no one's rear end. I will express my opinion until I draw my dying breath.

I think it is a ballsy move for GM to launch the H3 in Australia. They (the Aussies) will put it through the wringer, no doubt. Time will tell. There is a reason that Toyota doesn't sell the FJC in OZ, and I believe that they (Toyota) know that it can't hold up to the constant bush use.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
BigAl said:
About 6-7 years ago, my buddy took a picture of a rig tearing through a mudhole. The ARB bumper/sticker was prominently displayed amidst splashing muddy water, it looked like a magazine ad. He sent the photo to ARB and told them to feel free to use it. They declined but sent him a free T-Shirt. I've liked them ever since.:beer:

If I am reading this correctly, we are on the same page, in as much as I do appreciate that ARB does show their products in use, but not in a way that looks to be abusive to the environment.

The ARB photograph that shows the H3 almost climbing almost looks like a scale model to me. I'm sure it isn't, it just has that "look" to it.

Dave

BigAl

Expedition Leader
MoGas said:
If I am reading this correctly, we are on the same page, in as much as I do appreciate that ARB does show their products in use, but not in a way that looks to be abusive to the environment.

My post had no intentional envrionmental connotations, I was simply pointing out that ARB is responsive to their customers:ylsmoke:

Paul R

Adventurer
I think it is a great thing! I have only owned toyotas for off-road but I am glad to see that they (ARB) are offering product for all kinds of vehicles. I think that the H3 is a huge improvement over the H2 and I would be more than happy to see one set up on the trail.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Having had the benefit of being around some race prepped H3's and prerunner H3's I can say they are a very capable vehicles. All they really need is a nice set of Fox's and they would surprise most people on this and any other forum.

If you haven't flogged one like a step child, or been a passenger in one while it's being put through the paces it's quite an eye opening experience.

I think its great ARB did this. Add an Adventure package and some nice shocks and your on your way.

Check out Samco Fabrication for some H3 love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk