Best Camper Shells

Desert_Roaming

I've been searching for a used Callen camper but since they're long defunct I'm thinking it's not the best option right now. I've used A.R.E. shells for my work and private trips. I'm looking for a high top version and any current users feedback and suggestions.
I'm open to other brands or models,

rruff

Explorer

<$6,000

62717a6b020dc.jpg

Desert_Roaming

A little bit taller version of my old shell is what I'm looking for or similar. The Belair shells are interesting and I'll be looking at those too.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I can't recall the name right now, but when I was looking around I found a place in Idaho that did a very similar design to the Callen. Same steel frame, insulation, etc. Maybe that'll give you a lead. I did manage to eventually find a used Callen, so they're out there. Concentrate your search in the San Diego area.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Another thing that comes to mind is: are you looking for a Callen due to the steel frames and durability? Or for another reason?

One thing I will say about the Callen units (but I've had a grand total of two for a sample size), is the wiring is something that you should plan on going through. I'm probably going to wind up reskinning mine within the next couple of years, but when I had opened it up a few years back the wiring was in a helluva state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad