Campa USA Expedition Vehicle Sytem

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well Amigo's I have some interesting news. On our Baja 1000 expedition last fall. Chris Cole (campa USA), Mike Lokey (Lokey Trucks), and myself were up late talking over the usual rederic of expedition vehicles, outfitting etc. Always intreaged with new ideas and improved old ones, we were discussing the merits of trailers vs self contained vehicles. Me being the only one planning on using a self contained rig, and it being a truck got us to talking about an expedition truck with good reliability and a fully contained camping system like how the campa trailer system is. We were talking about various ways of cutting up my truck etc and Chris Cole secretly formed a plan in his mind reguarding the all the talks.

After returning home I got a call from Chris at Campa and we discussed at length the merits of the various Toyota Truck offerings and where to get one. After having been to Toyota of Dallas it was decided that working with Ben and Jacque would be the best plan to buy and outfit a new '07 Tacoma for the build. Getting one complete with and OME suspension system and front and rear ARB locker was no problem from T.O.D. so the truck was ordered and in a few weeks Chris flew out to pick it up.

After 2 months of Fabrication and custom work here is the product. I will have more firm specs in a bit but Chris emailed me some build and final pics. It features lights, custom bumpers, dual batteries, hot shower, 22 gallon water tank 39 gallons fuel, engel, honda generator, full kitchen, tent suystem, hard case mounts on top rack, compressor system ome suspension w airbag, 33" tires dual arb lockers, manual tranny propane tanks, and a whole lot more. The system will be offered as a complete buy it and drive truck with plans for a diy kit. This rig is amazing and I can't wait to see it in person. Anyway without further ado here is the Campa USA Expedition Vehicle System.

First the basic Tacoma witht he composite bed removed.

100_3735.jpg

Then the OME suspension witht he air bags intalled.

100_3745.jpg

The heart of the electrical system.

100_3737.jpg

The first office pic.

100_3742.jpg

Office pic #2 showing switches in the center console.

100_3743.jpg

Some shots of the main bin and rear kitchen bin under construction before wheel well storage bins.

100_3703.jpg

100_3704.jpg

The modified All Pro Offroad front bumper with winch.

100_3725.jpg

the under hood battery management system.

100_3732.jpg

This are all the under construction images I can show for now but this covers the basics of it.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Now for some of the final pics. There were a few changes to the bin for the final. It is taller then the early prototype pics. This was to gain maximum storage capacity. You will also note the side storage wheel well bins, propane tanks

CAMPA_EVS_088.jpg

In this image you will see the tent covered and the rear flood lights. You can also see the rear kitchen bin. It has 2 burner stove, spice rack, plates, bowls, cups, utensils, cutlery and more in it. You can also see the l.e.d. tail lights.

CAMPA_EVS_087.jpg

A front shot shows the custom bumper and winch set up.

CAMPA_EVS_086.jpg

This gives you a perspective against the trailer system. Note the taller bin on the truck and matching wheels on the trailer the truck and trailer each can carry a matching spare tire no problem.

CAMPA_EVS_084.jpg

CAMPA_EVS_082.jpg

And here are the shots set up and deployed.

Note the Pelican cases mounted up top forward of the tent. You can get to your clothes and stuff from inside the tent this way.
PIC_0082.jpg

Here you can see the tent with the drop down room. The drop room features a zip down door for all weather kitchen access. You can also see the Engel fridge which is on a custom slide as well here.

PIC_0075.jpg

A front angle same side. Keep in mind there are some zip on awnings that will run down the side of the truck/tent when deplyed. They can be put on both sides.

PIC_0076.jpg

Driver side shot.

PIC_0074.jpg

Close up of drivers side bin system.Note the Kitadyne expedition water filter and hot water shower systems. You can also see the side awning rolled up.

PIC_0078.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
And finally a front shot with the Campa USA trailer in the pic too.

PIC_0077.jpg

The amazing thing is that in 10 minutes up can be set in camp or break down. % if you hustle and don't set out a bunch of stuff. The system here is basically the same as what we used in baja. It is just mounted right on the truck.

gjackson

FRGS
That is flat out awesome! Very nice build. With both truck and trailer that is a lot of space! Thanks for the details.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

cheers

detailbarn

Adventurer
that setup is damn near my perfect setup that I want , time to start selling off stuff and saving the penny's. :elkgrin:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
WOW!!! Very nice!!! Between the Taco Chaser and this offering from CAMPA, it is changing my perception of an expedition rig:26_16_2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1