Compelling photos needed for new ExPo main page!

haven

Expedition Leader
Lots of evocative photos in the "Long Road to Nowhere" thread, too
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21738

Here are a couple of examples

Colorado+011.jpg

KANNKUOFFROAD27THNOV05024.jpg

rmt_0478.JPG

esh

Explorer
Posting these large so you can crop/shrink as needed.

FJ55, Moab near Green Day trail
fj55moabgreenday.jpg

FJ55, Moab Hell's Revenge trail
fj55moabtrail.jpg

FJ62, Arizona - Apache Sitgreaves NF
fj62apachesitgreavesNF.jpg

FJ62, Wyoming - above Lander, Shoshone NF
fj62shoshoneNF.jpg

FJ62, Oregon - Scappoose-Vernonia Hwy winter storm
fj62snowpass.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Rob O, is that middle picture a bit of HDR? Its awesome. Should be used by Toyota in their brochures!

Rob O

Adventurer
Rob O, is that middle picture a bit of HDR? Its awesome. Should be used by Toyota in their brochures!

Bottom two look HDR to me; very tasteful HDR!

Thanks guys.

Neither of the bottom two are true HDR, nor were they tonemapped. However, I did use DRI -- dynamic range increase -- techniques to pull shadow and highlight detail from a single exposure. Otherwise, the look is simply a result of intentional post processing aimed at a slightly muted (desaturated) feel.

Not to hijack this thread, but here are a couple other recent works which are single-exposure shots which came out a bit HDRish after post processing (again, the final look of these was intended ... though I wasn't going for an HDR feel necessarily):

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Hey Rob, I checked out your flickr page, at first glance I would have sworn you used a strobe or two for those shots. Seriously impressive PP, and great choice of placement for the car!

Explorer
These are all Montana, I have no picture skills, anyone is welcome to pm me if you see any obvious flaws in my technique

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

hunting2008104-1.jpg

hunting2008103.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
These are all Montana, I have no picture skills, anyone is welcome to pm me if you see any obvious flaws in my technique

You got the first part right:
1. Go somewhere amazing

now just work on lighting!

FotoValpen

Adventurer
2 pics from my photo trip to Randane National Park in Norway Last fall with my 1969 Volvo Laplander. I had only had her just over a month so I hadn't had a chance to kit her so much. I was of course too anxious to get out and drive.
The it was a round-trip from Stockholm to Ronadne. 2236 kilometers (1 389 miles) in 6 days.

rondane1.jpg

rondane2.jpg

Tedd and his "FotoValp"

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Getting loaded up ready to hit the road

475864497_LieVy-L-1.jpg

Rocky Shores of Lake Superior up in Copper Harbor Michigan

438438268_QfCZF-L-1.jpg

Sunset @ Bulcher Texas during the Red Bull Last Man Standing Race, but it looks like the ending to a good expedition ride

350516872_nkVrA-L.jpg

Rob O

Adventurer
Hey Rob, I checked out your flickr page, at first glance I would have sworn you used a strobe or two for those shots. Seriously impressive PP, and great choice of placement for the car!

Thanks Trevor ... the "digital darkroom" is as much a part of my work as the actually shooting, and equally as rewarding. I've never been much of a "straight from the camera" kind of shooter. :D

Rob O

Adventurer
Great shot ... can cool little rig! Got more? :smiley_drive:

2 pics from my photo trip to Randane National Park in Norway Last fall with my 1969 Volvo Laplander. I had only had her just over a month so I hadn't had a chance to kit her so much. I was of course too anxious to get out and drive.
The it was a round-trip from Stockholm to Ronadne. 2236 kilometers (1 389 miles) in 6 days.

rondane1.jpg

Tedd and his "FotoValp"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckshotiii