DIY Expedition Vehicle Built in Garage from the Frame Up

AndrewMuse

Hey everyone my name is Andrew Muse. I've spent the last 10 months building a custom Earth Roamer comparable vehicle from the frame up on a $30,000 budget out of a friend's garage. We custom built our own panels and frame to fit on a 2004 Ford F-550. I just wanted to start sharing the progression here and answer any questions from others looking to do the same. We have some sneak peaks on our social media already. You can follow along at @tinyhomeadventure and @andrew__muse. We documented to entire process and will be posting detailed overviews of each step. You can also check out Season One and Two of the Tiny Home Adventure on my YouTube Channel if you're into it. I'll be posting the progression in this thread. See some photos below from the process. This was honestly so much more challenging and time consuming than I expected. Let me know what you think!

Working on attaching our HDO/foam board panels to our inner frame.

Taking some measurements but showing off the chamfers.

Interior pre-ceiling.

Custom water tanks.

Roughed in dinette and galley.

Shu sugi ban ceiling.

Interior.

Pass through.

Mounting the shell to the frame.

Dinette and bed area nearing completion.

Galley and desk space nearing completion.

All photos are property of Andrew Muse Productions. Follow us on Instagram and YouTube for more!

Darwin

Explorer
What are the dimensions of the box portion minus the alcove? And is the truck a 60" cab to axle?

Fantastic, looks rad. Very nice job, I love seeing projects built with realistic budgets and actually completing them and using them! Working on my own build platform right now, can't wait to get out there again. Enjoy!

AndrewMuse

Fantastic, looks rad. Very nice job, I love seeing projects built with realistic budgets and actually completing them and using them! Working on my own build platform right now, can't wait to get out there again. Enjoy!
Thank you! Totally a dream come true! SO MUCH HARDER than I expected it to be. Every little detail required so much thought!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh