Drawer Slides

shawkins

Adventurer
I am going to be building a cargo box for the back of my '98 4Runner soon and wanted to put the drawers on slides instead of just sliding on the wood like my dad's '91 4Runner's cargo box is.

I figured you guys would be the best people to ask about where to get the slides at? I looked at McMaster Carr and the longest slide they have is 28" with around a 100lbs. load limit. I idealy need a slide around 36".

A second question is, the weight limits on slides. Are they rated per slide or for a pair? So if a slide has a 100lbs. rating is that for the one slide or for a pair?

Thanks,
Stephen

DrBeau

Here's a site: http://www.spdhardware.com/

While, I can't recommend these people (as I have yet to buy anything from them), they may be a step in a good direction. I found this site while looking for hinges when I was designing my cargo box.

-Beau

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Slides

shawkins said:
I am going to be building a cargo box for the back of my '98 4Runner soon and wanted to put the drawers on slides instead of just sliding on the wood like my dad's '91 4Runner's cargo box is.

I figured you guys would be the best people to ask about where to get the slides at? I looked at McMaster Carr and the longest slide they have is 28" with around a 100lbs. load limit. I idealy need a slide around 36".

A second question is, the weight limits on slides. Are they rated per slide or for a pair? So if a slide has a 100lbs. rating is that for the one slide or for a pair?

Thanks,
Stephen

Here is another option for slides:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p=46578&cat=3,43614,43616&ap=1.

Desertdude has used these for his slides on the Tacoma and Land Cruiser with good results.

Cheers,
P

60seriesguy

Adventurer
I originally conceived my drawers as using slides, but the ones I got have that super slick plastic runners underneath and they work great, even when fully loaded. Easier, *MUCH* cheaper, and less maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh