From which year did LC have the Lane assist?

livemusic

Want to buy an LC/Upgrade my current truck to drive cross country from NC to SOCAL, late summer.
Since there would be a lot of highway miles, with obvious Camping/ Overlanding detours, I was thinking that the Dynamic cruise control with Lane Keep assist would be invaluable.

From what year does LC have this feature? Is this a package, or does it come with the truck.
(Also crossposting in GX/4runner forum since I am considering those options too)

ABBB

Don’t know when it started but probably around 2015/16 when they did the facelift and added some other features. My 2016 has it and it’s clutch on long drives. May want to consider an LRA Aux or oversized tank as well if you’ll be putting on the miles, mine is a godsend.

livemusic

Thank you ABBB for the response. I scoured through the 2015/16 LC manuals, and I didnt see any reference of this feature there. I see lane departure warning option, but not really the Lane keep assist.

And thank you for the tip on the gas tank.

ABBB

Thank you ABBB for the response. I scoured through the 2015/16 LC manuals, and I didnt see any reference of this feature there. I see lane departure warning option, but not really the Lane keep assist.

And thank you for the tip on the gas tank.
Ahhh, lane keep assist, my 2016 does not have that, just the departure warning as you noted. I misread your post.

Not that you asked but I am pleased I don’t have that feature. I had it in a 2018 Subaru I owned for a year and it was quite sensitive. I didn’t realize how often I crossed the center line or skirted other lines and lanes while safely driving until the Subaru set off alarms each time I did so. To avoid it I would have to decrease and increase speed frequently and in ways unnecessary to safely drive on many roads. I found it an annoying feature. Plus having it turned off meant have indicator lights lit up on my dash telling me it was off, which would always pull my eyes down to the dash because I’m programmed the think something is wrong if dash lights are illuminated. I can see how it might be nice if I was driving across I-10 for 1000 miles, but really I wouldn’t use it, it’s too close to not paying attention.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
My Tundra and Tacoma have it ‘19 and ‘20 respectively). I turn it off (lane control), but the adaptive cruise is phenomenal in the Tundra. I might be tempted to turn the lane departure warning back on if I were driving across the country on straight roads. Here in the mountains, it’s a constant crossing of the paint in normal driving. No real danger of falling asleep though;)

beef tits

Lane assist is useless, jerky and makes you look like a drunk driver. Dynamic cruise is nice but if you don’t already have it, it’s not worth buying a new vehicle for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad