Gen3 Lift and Tires DONE!!!

ahmetclayton

Hey everyone, I finally got my new lift kit and tires installed today. I went with 3" Lovells HD Springs and OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks. Also went up a tire size and got BFGoodrich All-Terrains 265/75/R16. I got exactly 3" lift from the springs and about 0.5" from the tires. Overall the ride has improved drastically. I wish Mitsubishi would have been smart enough to go with a setup like this from factory. It makes you want to say "What were they thinking?" Here are a couple of quick cell phone pics. Will try to take better pics soon!

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

TurboChris

Adventurer
Wow that looks so much better...same with my last couple of lifts...I'm always amazed when the ride quality improves...and I've had a few where the turning radius improved as well!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Looks really good, Clay. Let us know how it rides with the Lovells. I will be interested to know. The OME HD made the ride a bit harsher, but the fact that I can load it up with all my gear and family and have no sag is a worth while trade off.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Your rigs looks great!
I love seeing Gen III's lookin' tough.

ahmetclayton

Thanks you all for your comments. I've been driving all over the past couple of days to test the new suspension out. Yesterday I towed a fully loaded 12' trailer. I was expecting the rear end to go down a bit but to my surprise it didn't even move. Instead the trailer was bit tilted the whole time. The new setup makes the Montero feel much more sturdy, and stuck to the ground. I must confess it is a bigger joy to drive around now than it was before. The body lean in every corner used to drive me crazy, but that is no longer an issue. Also no more major nose dives when you have to hit the brakes fast. Off-Road it is much more comfortable. It doesn't shake all over the place like it used too. Overall it has been the best investment. Also it was worth every penny for those extra 3 inches. I parked next to another Gen3 at the mall the other day. Just as I was walking out of my vehicle I ran into the owner of the other Monty. He could not believe how much higher mine was. Apparently he wasn't even aware that they even had lift kits for Gen3 Montys. But his facial expression was priceless and once again proof that the lift was worth every penny.:victory:

C-Fish

Adventurer
Looks good!

Here is my old '01 Limited with lift (Ironman) and 285's. Had 208K when I got rid of her. :smiley_drive:

0c80c9a3.jpg

Now start cutting all that plastic off...:victory:

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I noticed you chopped the front plastic "mud flaps" off in front.
I did the same on my rig, ended up chopping the rears as well.
One less thing to hang up on when wheelin' in the rocks.

Bonham906

That looks awesome!

Thats looks awesome! I didn't know they made a 3" for the montero...I know which one I am going to buy. Where did you buy it from?

ahmetclayton

Hey Bonham, thanks for the comments and sorry for the really late reply. The 3" is only available in Australia. A good friend of mind was kind enough to ship them over even though it is a hassle. If you contact Kieron from Bushskinz he will be able to help you out. Mine are the HD Lovells with OME Sport shocks. the website link is below.

http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

citysurf

Observer
it looks very close to the OME lift, I love that the springs are blue, I need to get my lift bad.... excelent looking truck:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online