Getting a fourwheel falcon soon!!

slooowr6

Explorer
Getting a fourwheel eagle soon!! (change from falcon)

Hi All,
Found a 04 falcon locally and going to buy it tomorrow if it can be mounted on a 06 Tacoma. :victory: BTW, anyone interesting in a 86 Vanagon.:p
Now I need to go find a Tacoma. I'm so excited just want to share the news!!
Change of plan after found out fourwheel has not install any falcon on a 05/06 tacoma yet. Now the target is eagle.
Alex
________
Harley-Davidson XLH

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
slooowr6 said:
Hi All,
Found a 04 falcon locally and going to buy it tomorrow if it can be mounted on a 06 Tacoma. :victory: BTW, anyone interesting in a 86 Vanagon.:p
Now I need to go find a Tacoma. I'm so excited just want to share the news!!

Alex
Is it a Westy?

Where?

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
I am trying to convince my wife she needs a Westy. to replace her Honda Accord. She ain't going for it...to her it's a "Mini Van" and she doesn't like Mini Vans. She wants to drive our 454 Burb and get rid of the accord. The tow rig is sort of a given with the camper so it looks like the accord will be up for sale very soon. It will be nice to have one less to insure and maintain.

Ohh well, wrong side of the continent anyway.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the Falcon!

Last edited:

slooowr6

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
I am trying to convince my wife she needs a Westy. to replace her Honda Accord. She ain't going for it...to her it's a "Mini Van" and she doesn't like Mini Vans. She wants to drive our 454 Burb and get rid of the accord. The tow rig is sort of a given with the camper so it looks like the accord will be up for sale very soon. It will be nice to have one less to insure and maintain.

Ohh well, wrong side of the continent anyway.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the Falcon!
I don't think westy can tow anyting given the brakes and hp on it. It has just enough hp to take itself up the hill at 45mph. The van has 90hps with a 4200lbs weight. It's a nice van if you're patient.:)
________
XT250

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Grim Reaper said:
I am trying to convince my wife she needs a Westy.
We love ours....we have a 2 liter motor. It is funny when we blow past people climbing mountians. You should see the look on their faces.:smileeek:

slooowr6

Explorer
:( change of plan.
Called fourwheel this morning, they told me they'll need to put 2 mounting points on the truck bed on the outside of sheet metal and 2 mounting points on the side of rear bumper and use turn buckles to tie down the camper from jack stand brackets. After the service tech told me this he told me that's how they plan to tie down the Falcon onto a 05/06 Tacoma with composit bed. They have not install any yet. :smileeek:
After looking at pic on the normal camper tie down, I can see the turn bucklets needs to be at an angle to keep the camper from sliding front to back. The way fourwheel is going to mount the Falcon, it'll have the rear turn buckles at a near vertical direction and the front will like this "/". With a "|" tie down at the rear and a "/" tie down at the front there is very little force to hold the camper from sliding off the truck. I've no experience on tie down a camper but from basic physics it seems this way. Am I compelete worng about this assumption??
Looks like I need to get a Eagle and a Tacoma double cab long bed. I hope the added length of the long bed Tacoma will not limit its offroad ability too much......
In the attachment is the mounting of a six-pack onto Tacoma. The front tie down will be at this angle / instead the one in the pic for the Falcon.

Oh boy why things always has to be complicated.........:ar15:
________
XL600V

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I don't know how you would feel about drilling into the bed.

Why can't you install cables running from the inside of the shell, through the bed, and tie directly into the frame?

slooowr6

Explorer
Kermit said:
I don't know how you would feel about drilling into the bed.

Why can't you install cables running from the inside of the shell, through the bed, and tie directly into the frame?
That's how they install the falcon on to 04 Tacoma, they drill holes on the bed and tie the camper to the bed, not frame. They don't do that with the composit bed on new Tacoma, the bolts on the camper are at fix locations and not adjustable. So I'm not sure if attach it to the frame is an option. The only thing holding me back on getting a 4 doors long bed is I'm afraid it'll limit its offroad ability. But to be honest, I don't think I'll get to trail that difficult. I just want to go camp off the beaten path in some national forest and such. I'll see if I'm lucky enough to get a used eagle........:D
________
starcraft II replays

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Put a set of sliders off the frame on the truck and go to the slider for the front turn buckle. Most of my buds with slide ins have done that to avoaid drilling the bed sides.

slooowr6

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
Put a set of sliders off the frame on the truck and go to the slider for the front turn buckle. Most of my buds with slide ins have done that to avoaid drilling the bed sides.
Any link/info on the sliders so I can check it out? The mounting point on the camper is at the four out most corners, at the jack stand bracket (that's what fourwheel plans to use). You can see in the attached image of the camper stand bracket. So in order to have a correct angle on the turn buckle, to hold the camper firmly, the front tie down point need to be slight back from the front edge of the truck bed. I put another pic of the short bed Tacoma and you can see there is no space for the tie down point in that general area.:rolleyes:
________
digital vaporizer

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
slooowr6 said:
Any link/info on the sliders so I can check it out? The mounting point on the camper is at the four out most corners, at the jack stand bracket (that's what fourwheel plans to use). You can see in the attached image of the camper stand bracket. So in order to have a correct angle on the turn buckle, to hold the camper firmly, the front tie down point need to be slight back from the front edge of the truck bed. I put another pic of the short bed Tacoma and you can see there is no space for the tie down point in that general area.:rolleyes:

http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma.html
http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/armor.htm
http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=27

Demelo has them .....every major off road parts place will have them. Just need to get a ring welded on to hook the turnbuckle to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal