Introducing Myself

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Welcome, MJ's are becoming more rare by the minute. Especially tasteful ones. I have 2 myself, and a few friends with them too. Nothing like a MJ convoy!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hey all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I went to Death Valley with a good friend, and Jeep Rubicon owner, over Thanksgiving and it was amazing. After doing some research and lurking in these forums a while, I made my decision and became the proud owner of this MJ:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/89786-1987-Jeep-Comanche-1999-Cherokee-Conversion

I flew out on Friday and drove her back - with a brief, one-night stop in Vegas. :)

You are one lucky duck, I have drooled over that Jeep ever since I first saw pictures of it.

Pushrod

Very nice, I love these MJ's and they are becoming very hard to find, especially as nice as that one. Congratulations.

Nomad_K

Adventurer
Welcome aboard and as mentioned above, that is a beautiful Jeep. I am looking forward to seeing a few pictures of it out on the trail!

Husafan

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes! And just for kicks, here are a couple of picks I took when picking her up: http://postimage.org/gallery/8c7l7yi/

I'm looking forward to taking her out in a couple of weeks to Hollister for some trail riding with a friend. I am also looking forward to getting more involved on these forums with other owners. :) Thanks again all!

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Hey Husafan, I am in the process of adding a Cherokee tank to my MJ for extra fuel. Could you post a few pics of the filler neck location and mounting, and maybe some of the tank mounts?
I would really appreciate it.

Husafan

Hey Husafan, I am in the process of adding a Cherokee tank to my MJ for extra fuel. Could you post a few pics of the filler neck location and mounting, and maybe some of the tank mounts?
I would really appreciate it.

Gaucho, sorry for the slow reply. I took some photos this morning that I will post soon. I took a picture of the fuel neck where it comes through the bed and some photos of the main tank, which has been converted to the auxiliary.

Extra_Tank_Gauge.jpg
Extra_Tank_Opening.jpg
Main_Tank1.jpg
Main_Tank2.jpg
Main_Tank3.jpg
Tank_Valve_Stem.jpg

Now that I think about it, you probably wanted pictures of the extra tank in the rear? Where the spare tire is usually mounted? I will take some more pictures tomorrow. Please let me know if I can take pictures of anything else in more detail. I didn't install the system so I really don't know what's important to the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1