LRX emerges as Range Rover Evoque

haven

Expedition Leader
The Land Rover LRX concept car has been approved for production. The new vehicle will be marketed as the Range Rover Evoque. It's the smallest, lightest and most fuel efficient Range Rover.

A couple of photos are all we have at this point. The Evoque will formally be introduced at the Paris Motor Show in October

evoque.jpg

While no prices have been revealed, the target buyer is someone looking for a compact, luxury SUV with some bad weather/bad road capability. Vogue Magazine staff and Victoria Beckham were on hand to help introduce the Evoque, so I think I understand what Range Rover thinks is the target demographic.

The Evoque will be built in the Range Rover plant in Halewood, England for sale in 160 countries. USA sales will begin in Fall, 2011. Here's hoping that Overland Journal has a chance to test one so we can learn more about the vehicle's capabilities.

AFSOC

Explorer
Not at all my taste. If I was in that market, I can think of other Asian and domestic offerings I would rather have.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Bad weather capability? No nod to land rovers offroad legacy, anyone want to wager against this car having central locker?

Michael Slade

Untitled
Ummmm....that's not a photograph.

EDIT: ...or a Land Rover. Ugh.

The Land Rover LRX concept car has been approved for production. The new vehicle will be marketed as the Range Rover Evoque. It's the smallest, lightest and most fuel efficient Range Rover.

A couple of photos are all we have at this point.

evoque.jpg

SeaRubi

Explorer
I'm not relying on camera systems for visibility just because some designer thought it would be cool to sit down inside a sardine tin with the lid cracked.

utterly ridiculous.

haven

Expedition Leader
"that's not a photograph"

OK, how about this

evoque-2.jpg

Ignoring the "pimp my ride" rims, the Evoque shows decent ground
clearance, a short rear overhang, and a front overhang that could be
improved by removing the bumper cover/front air dam. The Evoque
doesn't have locking diffs, but it does have the same sort of electronic
traction control and hill descent control as the LR4. The Euro version
will have a choice of gas and turbo diesel four cylinder power plants.

It looks to me that there is potential for the Evoque to be transformed
into a WRC rally racer, if Range Rover thought it would make the car
more appealing to a wider audience. It looks plenty appealing already
to the sort of people who like to read Vogue Magazine.

Wander

Expedition Leader
I heard about Victoria Beckham designing for Range Rover on NPR yesterday!? The end is near....LOL

I guess the Evoque is just the next step from the RR Sport which was also positioned to appeal to urbanites. As long as they continue to make the Defender and keep the "regular" Range Rover and Disco/LR4 with a true off road capacity it's OK with me. Heck, maybe selling the RRS and the Evoque to deep pocketed buyers will help fund the changes that would have to be made to the Defender to bring it back to the USA.

Sean VHA #60013

Adventurer
Looks like a melted cough drop with chop-top poor visability, lowrider rims from East LA, & enough plastic in the front "bumper" to make a coka-cola truck load of 20oz bottles - I think I will continue my brand of "green" philosophy & keep recycling old iron.... :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1