new smaller CampingLab tent and awning!!

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I have been waiting for a smaller awning, so I will put it on my wish list. I think it would work perfect for my trailer.

Strizzo

Explorer
how tall are the tents when folded up without the ladder on top? i only have about 7-8" of headroom on top of the camper shell to get in the garage. i'm hoping that i can find a RTT that will fit, otherwise it may have to be an oasis II.

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
how tall are the tents when folded up without the ladder on top? i only have about 7-8" of headroom on top of the camper shell to get in the garage. i'm hoping that i can find a RTT that will fit, otherwise it may have to be an oasis II.

Without the ladder the tent's 12" tall.

digitalferg

Adventurer
the tent's 47X47" when closed...

That is what I suspected... :sombrero: Wasn't sure if the cover somehow made it an inch or so wider.

I think this might just be the one I've been waiting (more like hoping/dreaming) for/about.

Do you think these mounts will work for attaching it (these are specific to my factory 4runner roof rack rails)? Or is some sort of crossbar necessary? I've decided I don't really want/need to use a roof rack and thought these might work. It's a total of 6 mounting feet. No cross bar. I just so happen to already have them kicking around and would love to make use of them...

DSMountingBracket.jpg

Defender DS Mounting Bracket

-Ferg-

Last edited:

digitalferg

Adventurer
We now carry a smaller version of our Rooftop tent. A 47" wide model ideal for 2 people and to set it up opening towards the rear of the truck.

Cheers,
Fernando

Also, just reread this post. You indicate "to set it up opening towards the rear of the truck"...can i assume it can do either?--open towards the rear or open towards the side, depending on which way you mount it? Or is there a structural reason to only mount it the one way?

(Sorry, a bit new to RTTs and still researching them a bit.)

-Ferg-

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Also, just reread this post. You indicate "to set it up opening towards the rear of the truck"...can i assume it can do either?--open towards the rear or open towards the side, depending on which way you mount it? Or is there a structural reason to only mount it the one way?

(Sorry, a bit new to RTTs and still researching them a bit.)

-Ferg-

The tent can open to either side depending on how you mount it. This size is suitable to set it up opening towards the front/rear of the vehicle because it's not very wide but it can open towards the side just as well.

The feet you posted above look good. If they reach the tents mounting rails you can use them without cross bars attaching the feet directly to the rails. If they don't reach the tent's rails you might have to get creative with some additional brackets or use cross bars. For this tent 2 bars is enough.

I will port the distance between the rails latter.

Cheers,
Fernando

digitalferg

Adventurer
Fernando has emailed me some pics of the tent mounting rails and mounting bolts and I'm very confident these defender mount feet will work perfectly.

I am completely sold on this tent! Fernando, you'll be hearing from me soon.

-Ferg-

emohn

Observer
Any pictures of the smaller tent yet? I'd like to get a sense of scale for it to see how it might fit my TJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1