One of a kind Truck Cabin.

lchrum

a9263be352876c8319fdb2fb66b98339.jpg

. It has been a really fun build, and I have spent countless hours over the past few years making it truly one of a kind. <br /><br />SPECS- and whatever<br /><br />It is designed for an 8 ft bed, either 3/4 ton or 1 ton. No your tacoma, or F150 will not work. This is built for a real truck. (kidding I love the tacos)<br /><br />Bedroom<br /><br /> 1. The cab over is equipped with an actual King Sized Memory Foam Mattress. <br /> 2. It has a custom faux leather headboard. <br /> 3. windows on each side that slide open and equipped with screens.<br /> 4. vent fan above bed that has 3 speeds, and also can pull fresh air in or pull hot air out.<br /> 5. It is also carpeted, but that is really only to keep the mattress clean and snag free<br /> 6. Smart tv, with digital antenna. Foam window insulation that is easily removed. (I have matching leather to make covers, just haven't gotten around to it.)<br /> 7. 2 faux leather walls. Why? Because.... why not!<br /> 8. The ceiling is painted in Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black. It is like a cave with the window foam in. The walls are Sherwin Williams Dovetail Grey.<br /> 9. Yes I suppose you could put in a full or queen mattress and have room on each side for storage. I like my sleeping room<br /><br />Living Room<br /><br /> 10. This is where the entire decoration theme started<br /> 11. I bought a full dinette from a brand new travel trailer that someone removed for a bird cage room. Yep Really?! Regardless, it is super comfortable, and makes into a 2nd bed.<br /> 12. I made 2 44" long cabinets above the dinette for storage. I still haven't even put anything in those cabinets.<br /> 13. The floor is luxury vinyl plank flooring. Waterproof, and really kind of bomb proof. <br /> 14. The table swivels for ease of entrance and exit, and also makes a great desk. I am still on the fence if I want to do 2 separate Lagun tables... <br /> 15. Under one of the seats is the electrical system, and Under the other is the plumbing.<br /> 16. There is ample storage under the seats<br /> 17. BONUS- the TV in the bedroom swivels out to be seen from the main cabin<br /> 18. There is also a second vent fan <br /> 19. good sized window with screen<br /><br />Kitchen-<br /><br /> 20. I get the most compliments about the interior on the kitchen counter and cabinets.<br /> 21. There are 3 overhead cabinets, and 4 drawers on 18" heavy duty casters. Almost every thing you would need to bring can fit in the drawers<br /> 22. There is a bonus 40" deep drawer that slides out from under the cabover. Perfect for long items like those hotdog cookers<br /> 23. Stainless Steel kitchen Counter that was originally the top of a Kobalt Work Table. It was the perfect depth so I bought one and took it apart just for the counter top. It is really quite cool.<br /> 24. The sink is also stainless and has a cutting board, vegetable rack, drying rack, and a pull out faucet.<br /> 25. There in an under counter microwave in matching stainless<br /> 26. Dorm Fridge in stainless. It works great, but this is the one item I would upgrade to a 12 v fridge/freezer.<br /> 27. I couldn't decide on gas or electric for the stovetop, so I have both. They are not permanently mounted. The electric is a 2 burner and my gas stove is just a camp stove that I am keeping.<br /> 28. Basically a gourmet kitchen right in the back of your truck.<br /> 29. Floors are also luxury vinyl<br /><br />Electric-<br /><br /> 30. 30a shore power into 2 separate breakers.<br /> 31. There are plenty of 120 outlets, most with 2 usb ports. There are even 2 in the bedroom.<br /> 32. I installed an exterior 120 outlet as well. Just in case<br /> 33. the AC is a 5000btu unit and it will freeze you out. I just took this camping 3 days ago and the outside temps were high 90s, the AC kept the cabin at a cool 68 deg<br /> 34. 12v<br />1. <br /> 35. This starts with a intellepower converter that charges the batteries on shore power.<br /> 36. two 100a Renogy solar panels<br /> 37. Renogy solar charge controller<br /> 38. 12v fuse panel<br /> 39. 12,v switch panel with battery monitor <br /> 40. BRAND NEW 2000w renogy inverter wired with 1awg in and out<br /> 41. The inverter is wired to a brand new gopower transfer switch and wired so that when the inverter is on, all of the 120 outlets are powered. It will even run the AC for short periods. (I haven't tested this too long yet)<br /> 42. three 100ah sealed batteries that work just as well as the day I bought them<br /> 43. 12v overhead lights on dimmer switches. 2 circuits in main cabin and a separate circuit on dimmer in the bedroom<br /> <br/><br />Plumbing<br /><br /> 44. There is a city water hook up and also a brand new 32 gal (I think) fresh water tank. <br /> 45. 12v water pump with filtration<br /> 46. All of the plumbing is residential pex Red and Blue.<br /> 47. The sink drains outside so I use a bucket when necessary<br /> 48. There is a exterior shower with HOT and cold water<br /> 49. Yes, you read that right, there is a camplux electric water heater. it will work under shore power or with the 2000w inverter. Nothing beats a hot shower outside.<br /> 50. I also installed an exterior spray port. I don't know why, and I have never used it.<br /><br />Exterior-<br /><br /> 51. The siding is Tough Grade Anodized Aluminum Sheet Metal w/pvc. This stuff is amazing. The sheets are .025x48.5x96. 8 total sheets at $330 per sheet.. I ran a wire wheel over it to create a super cool effect. scary moment, but the outcome is really amazing<br /> 52. The Aluminum is contrasted with Sho Shugi Ban burned pine, sealed with oil stain to give it that cool redish color. Under the cab and the back are also burned and stained to match<br /> 53. 4 ELECTRIC atwood jacks, with remote. I even bought replacement parts to have on hand. I had reico titan manual jacks on there, but I am lazy and I came across a damaged Lance Camper with these jacks. I literally bought another whole camper, just for the jacks (and the door)<br /> 54. The Jacks have been sanded and painted satin black. They are soooo easy to use. I really wish I had done that originally.<br /> 55. The door. What a decision. I had a real door in there, but it was heavy and awkward, and I couldn'd figure out how to make a screen door. When I bought the Lance Camper, viola---- Door problem solved, and now I also have a screen door.<br /> 56. This camper is just about 2 inches longer than will allow my tailgate to close. I used the tailgate as a deck. I never wanted to permantly affix my torkfit glow steps to the tailgate so I just used a task ladder.<br /> 57. Speaking of Deck... New as of about 2 weeks ago... Treated Deck off the back. Now the Torkfit glow steps are permant and so easy to deploy. <br /> 58. Grab Handle from Camping world- I can't remember the name<br /> 59. 12v porch light<br /> 60. The roof is plywood and covered in RV roofing. It will never leak<br /> 61. I made a custom aluminum Roof rack that is almost 18ft long and 6ft wide. I considered putting a deck up there.<br /><br /><br />I am sure I am missing something. I have put a whole lot of work into this camper, and I designed it to be as comfortable as possible. This is the 3rd camper I have built for myself. I have also helpped a buddy with a van build and a 16ft squaredrop build.<br /><br /> I haul this with my 2005 ford F350 5.4 v8 triton. Just at 155000 miles on the truck. I never really considered weight because I knew that my truck would be sufficient. I do have the torkfit frame mount tie down system also.<br /><br />That being said, out of curiosity, and because everyone asks, I got it on a scale last week. The camper fully loaded for a week long outing, with the weight of the truck, and a bunch of crap in the back seat, myself (230) and my dog (75)...... The total was 11060lbs. that is about 1800 under my payload. <br /><br />This is fully capable of full time living, or boondocking as long as you have water. I intentionally did not put a bathroom in it, because that is nasty.<br /><br /><br />

It’s also listed in the classified section. SO... I am not really sure what I would take to let it go... But I am starting at $16500 for the camper. or $29,500 for both. The siding and jacks alone are close to 6k. I have been asked if I would sell the truck separate. The answer is NOPE.<br /><br />I would consider a trade for a sailboat with trailer. At least 27ft boat. Or a BMW GS dual sport. I’d even consider a trade for the right van, or nice Tacoma.
46382e72c7847bbc702686b24d4de9d6.jpg

1c47969d4944bbcf5d4e789c305d5222.jpg

22455ab113416cd66a7332b2a66c455a.jpg

f732f25ec491a3cfcc0ff18e4f750803.jpg

4a822307877a8f4d331d0075b4543278.jpg

6524a946ba8e0eed8ab73427fd7b3d8c.jpg

843ee6864dd7dc840dd1ef4452f36e5c.jpg

937773b2eb02b083d12b7d1a8fb99002.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members