Photo book printing

cruisertoy

Explorer
So my wife told me we needed to put together a photo album with pictures of our adventures over the last few years. She's thinking the Crafty cut paper type album. I'm thinking everything I have is digital so why not just have a book printed and bound. Then I can make one for each of the Grandparents and be done. Anyone have any suggestions of who to use to do this? I'm thinking 50-70 pages, full color, maybe 5-6 copies. I'm thinking something like this: http://picaboo.com/products-pricing/classic-custom.html

Also, has anyone used Bayphoto's metal prints? I've got a few pictures I want to stand out in my house and was thinking of trying them.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I can't help on the photo book but I did get some sample metal prints from Bay Photo after seeing a gallery showing mostly on Bay Photo Metal prints.

I love them. They really make landscape photography look great. They will send small sample prints on something like 4X6 or 3X5 of their 3 finish options to see what you like for somewhere around $20. I would also suggesting paying a little extra for the expert color correction. Unless you use their ICC files to color match their printers the results could be off from what you are seeing on your system.

Bottom line is yes I think the technology is excellent and the cost is not that much since you don't have to pay for framing after the print. :victory:

L

LeoLR

Their price for the classic style isnt bad. The print shop I worked in charge $10 aswell for that style book.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
For what it is though, mostly very low volume, unproofed, on demand one offs, it's pretty darn good, and certainly good enough for all but the most decerning. Are they high volume, offsets? Of course not, if you want that get ready to pay big bucks. In my opinion, if you align your expectations with what your asking and actually pay for, I'd say they are quite reasonable, and good.

cruisertoy

Explorer
Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about putting something together. Premium paper doesn't seem to increase the cost at Blurb a whole lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1