Sae 2008

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Now that I have time, I'd like to share some fall adventures.

This past November, the SOLAROS (Southern Land Rover Society) hosted the Southern Appalachian Expedition in Blairsville, Georgia. November 6-8th, Rover owners from the southeast gathered for trail rides to Suches and Beasley Knob, words of wisdom from Bill at GBR, a great BBQ dinner, and plenty of "tire-kicking". Fall colors were at their peek and the weather was cool. The event provided a great chance for meeting great fellow enthusiasts and seeing some incredible trucks.

The drive up was rainy and cold, but beatiful.
DSC_1848.jpg

DSC_1851.jpg

DSC_1855.jpg

A grouping of at least seven trucks represented college students from Auburn, GC&SU, KSU, and GT
DSC_1881.jpg

DSC_1885.jpg

DSC_2004.jpg

DSC_1891.jpg

Getting ready for Beasley Knob
DSC_1894.jpg

DSC_1900.jpg

DSC_1903.jpg

jeff_wright

Adventurer
You can by another Disco then and keep the Jeep as a last resort. Just kidding, the new JK's are pretty nice trucks;)

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Hey Jeff you forgot I go to New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary........ Great pic of my disco but hopefully it will be replaced soon :)

jeff_wright

Adventurer
timmy!!!!!!! said:
Hey Jeff you forgot I go to New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary........ Great pic of my disco but hopefully it will be replaced soon :)

Ha, Tim I knew you were in seminary but couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks for catching me.

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
Jeff,
Thanks for posting the photos, they're a good cross-section of what we do at SAE.
We (Southern Land Rover Society) will be having the SAE again next year, probably the first part of November and if you're a Land Rover fanatic we'd love for you to join us. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Mike

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Nice pic! Thanks for sharing, definitely some cool rovers, and looks like a lot of fun!

:safari-rig:

jeff_wright

Adventurer
I'm glad you all enjoy the shots.
RedDog said:
Fabulous! I just love that silver Disco with the dark wheels in the first few shots.
That is pnorvell's truck. Excellent guy and great truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1