Security window tint

contento

Observer
I'm looking at getting my Silverado tinted soon and came across this product from Llumar, it's a "security film" that's tinted and made for automotive applications. It's 4 mils thick.

http://www.llumar.com/en/AutoSafety.aspx

Anybody have this stuff on their rig or know of any other window tints that offer "security"?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I've seen it on a lot of vehicles down in Haiti - not the same as bullet proof glass by far but does deter smash and grab type incidents. You still end up with a broken window but maybe slow them down.

From what I have seen its hard to install it as nicely as normal films and tends to be more noticeable - although that may be the product used there - who knows what brand / type it actually is.

I would consider it as a possible option...

RangeBrover

Explorer
I looked into it when my window was smashed to break into my car here in Chicago. A local body shop said they had installed it on a few cars but recommended against it because from their experience when a thief attempted to break the glass and failed, they would attempt to break another window or damage more of the vehicle out of frustration. Don't know how much truth there is to this, but I'd rather pay to replace one window than 4.

Now if I was in a high theft area I wouldn't hesitate to get it, especially somewhere like Haiti. One thing you have to consider though is in the event you crashed and had to get out of the car, the windows would by a lot more difficult to break open to get out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1