Snorkels for PajeroNL or GEN 2.5

mk75

Adventurer
So I called Sierra Expedition looking for a snorkel for my build. I guess ARB/TJM can source or special order direct from OZ for $400.00 +. However its an Airtek and from what I hear they don't hold up like the Safari snorkels.

Can anybody speak to Safari vs Airtek vs Chinese DPM that you see on ebay? Trying to keep cost down since I'm building 2 Pajero's at the same time.

Does anyone have a Safari for a gen 2.5 that they thought they were going to use and decided not to and have it collecting dust somewhere at home and would like to sell it ? " Worth asking"

Thanks,
Mk75

jlocster

Explorer
This has worked fine for me...I've had it in SoCal sun for the past two years and it looks no worse for wear. -->link

Install pics --> link

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Safari doesn't make one for the Blister fender

I've had my Airtek on for 10 years here in the Az sun, countless branches and sandblastings and it still is holding strong with no sign of deteriorating. The only issue is that you don't have that Safari recognition I guess.

mk75

Adventurer
Thanks guys for the info. Looks like I will be going the Chinese route seeing as I can get 2 for the price of one. Do any of you run a pre-cleaner head " cyclone" ?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I am absolutely impressed with my airtec snorkel. Had it for year, still looks solid, considering I bought it used.

jlocster

Explorer
mk75, I looked into this issue myself but discovered that those cyclonic or Donaldson type pre cleaners are supposedly not very useful on a vehicle that travels at highway speeds. The Donaldson type filters were designed for heavy machinery that operate at slow speeds. Highway speeds apparently introduce too much turbulence into the pre leaner for the cyclonic effect to work as intended.

I've read of others using Scotch Brite type sanding pads as pre cleaner, or even a sock in a pinch. Snorkels do act as giant bug scoops if you drive through insect country. The Airtec type body which fit the Gen 2.5, either genuine or Chinese repro, don't allow the scoop to face rearward.

Good luck!

viducce

Observer
got the airtec as well...

6918852fca7d20095a8c82ef7526b2f4_zpstpx9vg9x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1