Snow Peak Addiction

JamesC

Adventurer
We were out last weekend for the final flourish of the fall leaves, 2023. Had a few new things on the stainless kitchen this camp - the 4 unit frame and the side table adapter/extension. One of the rare misses from Snow Peak IMO with too many fiddly bits getting all that attached. Same for the TTA stuff but maybe it will grow on us. TTA seems ok but is too complex for it's too limited purpose. Lantern hanger is ok but I'd probably forgo the frame if I had it to do again, we'll see.

The deep basket's plastic reducers were broken out of the box. SP has a new set en route to us but didn't help for this camp :)

Attachments

• sp.kitchen.nov.23.jpg
    sp.kitchen.nov.23.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 95
  • sp.kitchen.dusk.nov.23.jpg
    sp.kitchen.dusk.nov.23.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 88
  • sp.broken.jpg
    sp.broken.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 86

Lennart

Adventurer
I hadn't really seen the TTA stuff before your post. The frame and side table look quite nice but it does indeed seem overdesigned/overly complex for what it does. Still tempted though :LOL:

TooGouda

Field Barista Kit 9000 is ready to go! all in one contained coffee shop in a case

This is whats in the case, some is under the coffee dripper and inside the kettle or behind the lid foam

- Pelican Vault V300 case
- Field Barista Kettle
- Field Barista Coffee Dripper
- Aeropress Go
- Ti French Press
- 2 x H300 mugs with lids
- 100g coffee beans
- 100g Laird Superfood powder creamer
- 4oz maple syrup
- VSSL java grinder
- snowpeak stainless measuring scoop
- 110g fuel canister
- Litemax stove
- pour over filters

IMG_4489.heic.jpeg

CRYA

Field Barista Kit 9000 is ready to go! all in one contained coffee shop in a case

This is whats in the case, some is under the coffee dripper and inside the kettle or behind the lid foam

- Pelican Vault V300 case
- Field Barista Kettle
- Field Barista Coffee Dripper
- Aeropress Go
- Ti French Press
- 2 x H300 mugs with lids
- 100g coffee beans
- 100g Laird Superfood powder creamer
- 4oz maple syrup
- VSSL java grinder
- snowpeak stainless measuring scoop
- 110g fuel canister
- Litemax stove
- pour over filters

View attachment 813721
Oooh. Love that. Nice!

spikemd

Explorer
I'm looking at building the IGT system into my drawer system for the back of my old Defender 110. I have 2 ideas, one with the IGT frame attached to heavy duty slides underneath the fridge slide and another where a support can swing down and hold the IGT attached to the end of the fridge slide.

My main question is if anyone has come up with adjustable legs that can work in the corners of the IGT. Even with heavy duty slides (500lb) there is flex with 40 inch slides and I would like to attach 2 adjustable legs at the end of the IGT.

My goal is to be able to slide it out and drop in a stove for a quick meal, or drop in everything for full camp. My plan is to make a frame with the slides to hold the IGT when I pull it out of the back of the truck. But also able to remove the IGT and set it up away from the truck if I want. I just dont want to have to set up the IGT with legs every time I stop.

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
@spikemd Drifta makes a set of IGT legs that are adjustable. I have them but can never find them on his website. I use them because I can level the table this way.

IMG_5095.jpeg

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
@spikemd Drifta makes a set of IGT legs that are adjustable. I have them but can never find them on his website. I use them because I can level the table this way.

Drifta stopped selling Snow Peak stuff few years ago and unfortunately stopped making aftermarket parts like the adjustable legs.

TooGouda

I'm looking at building the IGT system into my drawer system for the back of my old Defender 110. I have 2 ideas, one with the IGT frame attached to heavy duty slides underneath the fridge slide and another where a support can swing down and hold the IGT attached to the end of the fridge slide.

My main question is if anyone has come up with adjustable legs that can work in the corners of the IGT. Even with heavy duty slides (500lb) there is flex with 40 inch slides and I would like to attach 2 adjustable legs at the end of the IGT.

My goal is to be able to slide it out and drop in a stove for a quick meal, or drop in everything for full camp. My plan is to make a frame with the slides to hold the IGT when I pull it out of the back of the truck. But also able to remove the IGT and set it up away from the truck if I want. I just dont want to have to set up the IGT with legs every time I stop.
Drifta used to make some but he has gone away from snowpeak for a bunch of years now so you would need to find some second hand ones.

I did see someone several years ago in this thread had taken the feet off the bottom of some legs and attached in the bottom portion and compression clamp from camera tripod legs to make his own. I have always been meaning to try to do the same but never have yet.

Stanluck also makes some for their IGT copy cat products. I don't have any so I don't know how good they are.

I can't remember what the thread size is for the feet (maybe M6) but if you could swap out the threaded stud on a mono pod, you could attach a mono pod to 2 short legs and have extendable powers that way lol

InVinoVeritas

I am thinking about dipping a toe in the IGT pool. I like the idea of a table top system that can do double duty for standing/meal prep or seated. But I'm not crazy about the length of the 3 or 4 unit frames for packing in my rig. Anyone have experience with the 2 unit frames? I think they would allow for a lot more flexibility in packing. I understand SP sells 2 unit frames from time to time, and Stanluck is currenlty selling them. I'm thinking about two of the 2 frame units and either two sets of pole for different heights, or the adjustable poles. Am I crazy to prefer two of the 2 unit frames over one 3 or 4 unit?

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
You got a very nice Jeep and set up! I didn’t care for the overall length of the 3 or 4 so tried this.
IMG_5095.jpeg
I know… it’s a Land Cruiser. But you can dream.

Lennart

Adventurer
The two unit IGT is what I use most. I have an old product 'the multi stand' which holds my GS220 burner. The 2 unit IGT is my prep station. All kitted out with hanging shelves and side tables it is just great :cool:

IMG-20170801-WA0011.jpg

TooGouda

i use my 2U and a 2U extension table the most because its often just me or me and one other person. I can get by with one burner or grill pretty easy and can always bring a backpack stove for an extra burner as a secondary if needed.

3U is what i use the next most if i want a little more of a kitchen or surface area for cooking more involved meals. or if i set up a coffee table style arrangement for a group to sit on both sides etc.

4U is actually in storage now lol. i haven't taken it out in a couple years. I do like it for big group cook outs, but honestly im too lazy to go get it from storage and bring it out when i can bring the 2U and 3U and just make a more complex arrangement

all that being said... the 3U does fit fine even in the back of my Forester. I just lay the storage bag flat on top of my gear boxes and it fits under the cargo cover even

InVinoVeritas

Thanks for the help deciding. I have ordered a couple of the 2U from Stanluck (SP is not currently offering a 2U). I've ordered some inserts from SP. Lennart, I made the mistake of showing your prep station to my wife. Now she wants me to replicate it for her. Rookie mistake on my part showing her that pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad