SOLD! FS James Baroud RTT Discovery Space Austin Texas

dieck

Adventurer
SOLD! Thanks for the interest!

Hi All,

James Baroud Discovery Space (http://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/products/hard-shell-tents/discovery-series/discovery-space/)

Price: $2900 (New it's $3400)
Condition: Brand New, unboxed and mounted less than a month ago, slept in twice.

12670701_10207263289634160_1901109877273264046_n.jpg

12974511_10207261140500433_5949663870977516169_n.jpg

Here is the situation:

I bought the RTT tent new in Jan from OK4wd who imports them from South Africa where they are manufactured.

I've been rebuilding my off road trailer so the tent lived in its box in my living room until early April when I installed it on the trailer for the first time. However, between the time I ordered it and the time I installed it, the trailer design changed from it's original plan, and I added a significant solar and battery setup, so now my solar setup and the tent aren't compatible.

I have ordered a different roof top tent and an awning from OK4wd that will work on my trailer design, and because I'm spending more $$ with them they have been generous with their return policy. However, it's a hassle for them and a hassle for me and I'd prefer to just sell the tent to someone locally.

We've used the tent on two different trips now, and it is very nice. It sleeps well and ventilates very well and is very comfortable. Our only issue is the conflict with our solar.

I can show it to you this weekend. If there is no local interest in the tent I'm going to take a climbing trip/tent exchange trip to OK4wd next week.

Last edited:

dieck

Adventurer
Thanks for the interest. It's a standard, not the XXL. I'm 6'1" and find it comfortable with my GF.

Outside Dimensions

• [*=left]Length: 79″
    [*=left]Width: 55″
    [*=left]Height Closed: 13″
    [*=left]Height Open: 22″ Front / 52″ Rear
Inside Dimensions

• [*=left]Length: 78″
    [*=left]Width: 54.25″
    [*=left]Height: 20″ Front / 50″ Rear

dieck

Adventurer
This tent is awesome. For and finish is perfect. Comes with a ladder, roof top solar fan/vent, and interior light.

dieck

Adventurer
Not Yet. Ive purchased another tent from ok4wd and i have trip planned to ny in a couple months. If it hasnt sold by then ill return it to them then.

Thanks for your interest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh