T-style radio for the Ram

ttengineer

Adventurer
Anyone with experience with any of the T-style radios for the Ram? Good or Bad I’d like to hear it.

I know there are several brands, links well, phoenix, navos etc.

I’m looking at maybe swapping out in my 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWDad

Dad in the streets, Daddy in the sheets
Funny I was just looking at them again today. No experience but I keep debating between the t style and Phenoix automotive. I know the Phoenix automotive ones you can buy on Temu but after you pay for shipping and options you don't come out ahead, have no warranty, and no support. Most of the issues seem to be fit issues long term.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Ive heard not great things on phoenix but not much.

I’ve also heard you loose your factory microphone in most of them too and have to add an external mic. Not super happy about that. But more research is needed.

PNWDad

On the Phoenix Auto YouTube for the Ram, he talks about where the factory mic plugs into the new harness and to discard the new mic in the kit. He also said you can use any aftermarket mic too.

Kingsize24

Have y'all considered the Stinger?

I've actually been looking at it for my truck. Other than it not being as big, it's incredibly functional. Has integrated electronics for CAN bus signal to read vehicle information and tons of camera options, etc. with car play.

ttengineer

Adventurer
The only thing that I’m worried about with the stinger is that it’s CAN bus.

Being tuned I’d be worried it would screw with my tune.

Functionally it looks great though.

Kingsize24

The only thing that I’m worried about with the stinger is that it’s CAN bus.

Being tuned I’d be worried it would screw with my tune.

Functionally it looks great though.

Gotcha... but I do believe it's the same as a scanner, the banks system, or any OBD diagnostic tool. It shouldn't effect the tune at all. But that may be a good question for them and your tuner company. I'm sure they would have an answer.

Who's tune are you using BTW?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Gotcha... but I do believe it's the same as a scanner, the banks system, or any OBD diagnostic tool. It shouldn't effect the tune at all. But that may be a good question for them and your tuner company. I'm sure they would have an answer.

Who's tune are you using BTW?

No one special. Just a guy that used to work for an OEM that does it on the side.

It’s a 90hp tune that burns super clean. Barely puffs smoke when I get into it and it drops a gear. I love it. It’s easily the best thing I’ve ever done to my truck.

PNWDad

Looking at pricing for the first time, am I seeing that the t style radio starts at 2k and then goes up with options?? The Phoenix Auto models, without the huge screen keep in mind, are 750 ish. That is a big price jump for me. I like the t style but damn.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Looking at pricing for the first time, am I seeing that the t style radio starts at 2k and then goes up with options?? The Phoenix Auto models, without the huge screen keep in mind, are 750 ish. That is a big price jump for me. I like the t style but damn.

The phoenix is also considered a t-style. But pricing varies greatly on these which is also a concern because it’s difficult to tell who’s ripping you off on both high and low ends.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I looked into this website when I was researching a larger screen in my PW.
Looks like OEM parts.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Yea they just do OEM stuff. I used them when I swapped out my ‘09 1500 stuff. They are good folks too that offer excellent customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh