The art of compromise

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Well... here we go again. You have patiently (or not) followed me through modifying slightly our pop up...
http://www.americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/not-so-expo-2005-rockwood-pop-up.2858/

After our trip to the Mid Atlantic Overland festival last summer, I decided I wanted something that would be a bit more rugged.... so again you followed me onto the renovation and modification of our old Bantam, and matching that up with a Napier Truck Tent... I will keep this set up for more "adventurous" adventures...
http://www.americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/jscumcvet-trailer-rehab-truk-tent.2995/

What I did not know at the time is that my ever tolerant wife, Ann, was eyeballing hard sided trailers... and then after watching @BushHead and his family pack up their travel trailer and roll in about 15 minutes at the Appalachian Rendevous... she came to the decision we needed to do something different.... something that did not have long set up and take down time, something we could pull into camp late at night and crash, etc...

And so I flirted with a 1991 Suburban...
http://www.americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/1991-suburban-2500.3323/
thinking I could pull what I wanted... or just sleep inside.... but in the end did not want to let go of my jeep... so sold it.

SO! in an effort to stay with something we could pull with her 2004 Tacoma or my 2005 LJ Rubicon, we looked at... teardrops, small toy haulers.... and even slide in's that we could carry in the truck or the Bantam trailer. Well all that led to finding this for sale locally

A 2004 T@B "teardrop". It has a funky mural "wrap" on it... At 1370# empty it is about the same weight as the pop up, Can sleep all three of us inside for now (the boy will move out to a tent of his own when he gets too big, or grab a spot on the floor). We have a lot of cleaning to do. It comes with a Norcold 3 way fridge, a Northern Breeze roof vent/fan that can pull air in or push it out, 20# propane tank, 2 burner stove, sink, sweet awning, articulating hitch, parking brake. Does not look like many repairs to do... although the water tank is missing, so we will have to address that.
T@B interior 2.jpgT@B awning 2.jpgT@B 1.jpg

Happykamper

Explorer
Lots of ill mannered people on this forum anymore. If you don't like it move on. I'm sure others would find you and your rigs hideous, and I usually don't post ... Then why did you. They have a kid I bet he loves it. Find some manners.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Lots of ill mannered people on this forum anymore. If you don't like it move on. I'm sure others would find you and your rigs hideous, and I usually don't post ... Then why did you. They have a kid I bet he loves it. Find some manners.

Agreed, and thank you.

Unsaid part of this trailer is that (due in part to the wrap, perhaps), we got it for about 50% of what similar T@B trailers from this era are selling for across the country. I can deal with an ugly wrap for that kind of savings...

jscusmcvet

Explorer
And... I bet if when we roll into Expo East this year, you will be able to identify us. Cold beer will indeed be waiting for you when you come visit...

jjmoss99

Observer
I think that you need to make some stick on costumes for fang. Maybe a Darth Vader mask with a light saber, or a red baron cape with goggles, I know my kids would love to do something like that for each trip.

Justin

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I think that you need to make some stick on costumes for fang. Maybe a Darth Vader mask with a light saber, or a red baron cape with goggles, I know my kids would love to do something like that for each trip.

Justin

Justin, If you knew Ann you would realize how much this is in her wheelhouse... I shared the idea and she said... "let's get a cat we can hang out of fang's mouth as we are going down the road.." Dang it, I love this girl :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design