Trade my Tacoma for this?

barlowrs

Explorer
haha I wish!

As much as I love my taco, I must admit, I would be willing to trade her for one of these:

800px-JGSDF_Koukidousha_%28TOYOTA%29_1.jpg

No that is not a modified hummer..YES that is a TOYOTA!

This is called the mega crusier. Appartenly it was only sold in Japan and mostly for military use

http://www.megacruiser.com/

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Wow, flashback. Havn't seen the MC pop up in a few years. What I would give for some serious seat time in a MC :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I guess the question that pops up for me is... Which came first? MC or Hum?

The Hummer H1 by 3 years and the HMMWV by over 10.

One of the neater features imo of the MC is the 4W steering, very practical in such a long wheelbase beast.

Ron B

Explorer
The Humvee has been around since the early 80's. AM-General was working with Mitsubishi on a humvee platform for the Japanese defense forces in the early to mid 90's. I don't think it really went anywhere...eventually Mitsubishi sold the line to Toyota.

The a-arms are a bit smaller and the ground clearance and cargo capacity is lower than the humvee but it has 4 wheel steering and a 4 cyl diesel.

I never really liked the look of H1s or military vehicles. Don't really know why, they are usually hella beefy but I would rather have a built taco or cruiser anyday. Throw some non-OD green paint on this and I might change my mind.

barlowrs

Explorer
I never really liked the look of H1s or military vehicles. Don't really know why, they are usually hella beefy but I would rather have a built taco or cruiser anyday. Throw some non-OD green paint on this and I might change my mind.

How about a nice cool blue...with tracks? :smiley_drive:

image0_thumb3.jpg

Ron B

Explorer

Humvees were never designed for looks, but to have a 5000 lb payload, stack 3 high in a rail car and go wherever a tank can go (wide track/16+ in of ground clearance). I always liked the utilitarian look and function of many military trucks (especially the military g-wagons) -- they are all business.

I like this better:

Attachments

• humveetracks.jpg
    humveetracks.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It's not a styling issue that I have with them. The body style is great, super functional, nothing to get in the way, plenty of tie down points, and utilitarian. It's hard for me to explain, I think its more that I feel H1s are cliche offroad vehicles that people just assume are super awesome because the army uses them.

edit: oh and the ice blue is cute. I was thinking periwinkle mattracks would go nicely.

Last edited:

Ron B

Explorer
It's hard for me to explain, I think its more that I feel H1s are cliche offroad vehicles that people just assume are super awesome because the army uses them.

I know what you are saying. Humvees/h1's are pretty awesome in the hands of someone who knows how to wheel them...but like any serious 4x4 out today, most who drive them are posuers.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread about the Toyota...anyone ever drive one? I'd love to know how the 4 wheel steering works (I was thinking of getting that mod in my truck). Love to see the controls.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1