We made the List!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Well...well...well

Congratz Anne to you guys (and Chris..right?)!

Got to see first hand the fine products you guys put out, (although we didn't get to meet) at Vermont. The gentleman with the yellow Disco , (down hill from your set up) gave me a guided tour of his Campa trailer, and I must say, it was a well made, fine piece of equipment.

Looks like your in good company in that group...and deservedly!

Verdammter

Anne Pence
Julian,

I would be happy :) to do so - thanks for the great article and pictures. Really awesome trailers among your selection.

jlgothard

Ultra light (ish)

What is the world coming to when a 3000lb trailer is considered "ultra-light"? :ylsmoke:

Call it poetic license, though the term ultra-light when applied to camping trailers would encompass the UEV-440. For example, the R-Pod - which is considered an ultra light camping trailer - weighs between 1937-2285lbs (dry weight).

You’re right though, it’s a bit of a stretch when talking about tent camping trailers and I could perhaps have included the Conqueror 390 UEV (800kg/1763lbs) or the larger 440 UEV (1150kg/2535lbs) instead of the UEV 490. However, they have a great product range and if you’re going to showcase one of their trailers it might as well be the top of the line unit :)

For what it’s worth the other trailers that I didn’t include in the list but referenced in the slideshow have a dry weight as follows:

• The Quantum Leap QL-78 ASV - 780lbs
• Jeep/Mopar Trail Edition camper trailers – 850-1050lbs
• FTCA (Coleman) Switchback – 850lbs

I think it safe to say that these would all fall under any accepted definition of ultra light.

Julian

bob

Adventurer
And I am concerned about mine weighing 2074 pounds with 28 gallons of water onboard. Trying to shed 300 pounds for the production model and I still feel it is on tank proportions. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1