What's chilling?

Mr. D

Adventurer
Hi I have been on the forum and decided to post here as a survivor of a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury. No loss of limbs or function now. It will be 4 yrs this dec. that I have been making progress and working hard.
Mobility wise most days I am really good. The fatigue is a very large factor that I deal with, ok also short term memory and etc...

I try to focus on the positives:

Back to riding my mountain bicycle (eventhough I wreck it weekly :sombrero:)
able to work out at the gym
can complete all my daily activities, etc

I AM ALIVE :wings: get to be with my wife and darling daughter

I can usually last for 1 day sometimnes 2 days of very long backroad travel days before I need to recharge with biofeedback (meditation) and a nap. My naps usually last at least 2 hrs along with normal nightitme sleep.

My goal is to keep improving so I can eventually do a longer expedition but like all things patience and practice...

Have a great day and weekend
keep the rubber side down on the dirt:)

obscurotron

Adventurer
A friend of mine's daughter recently (3 months ago now, I think) suffered a serious TBI - kicked in the head by a horse. I really don't know what to expect in terms of the girl's prognosis, but she has been in good hands, medically and emotionally, from the get-go.

I really hope to hear her mom and dad saying these very same things about her in the months and years to come. It's encouraging to hear your words of progress. Thank you for sharing!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Mr. D, thanks for sharing your encouraging ongoing success. Like many people, I wasn't really aware of everything that goes on during and after a Traumatic Brain Injury, so I was really blown away when I recently read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Edge-My-Story-Richard-Hammond/dp/0753824043"]Richard Hammond's book[/ame] about his Jet-Car crash and recovery from his brain injury.

If Hammond's case is at all typical (as typical as anything as user-specific as a brain injury can be), your recovery must require massive amounts of hope, courage, and work from both you and your family. I wish you continued success!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal