WINDOWS...please.

hoodlum

Hi, I need some windows for a build we're on now.

I'm sure the Terns are great windows however a lot of us can't justify the cost.
We've spent HOURS looking online.
Ordered 4 Chinese made. Kept 1n sent the others back. Look like the Tern but no. However, they are nice for the $... 1 is perfect, 2 had stripped threads on the closure in between the two panes. The last one had a broken handle. Nice blinds and screen, boxes were in perfect condition. These were lack of..Quality control.!!!

Question..Are there any good USA made windows... other than the aluminum and glass like Grandad used.?
If so please share. This would help a lot of us.

Now it's all about money. Gone are the days of a good product at a fair price.

Last edited:
I have four new Artic Tern Windows with black trim I would sell at 3/4 price of new if still looking. In Northern New Mexico and would need to pick up in person

79bj40

Hi, I need some windows for a build we're on now.

I'm sure the Terns are great windows however a lot of us can't justify the cost.
We've spent HOURS looking online.
Ordered 4 Chinese made. Kept 1n sent the others back. Look like the Tern but no. However, they are nice for the $... 1 is perfect, 2 had stripped threads on the closure in between the two panes. The last one had a broken handle. Nice blinds and screen, boxes were in perfect condition. These were lack of..Quality control.!!!

Question..Are there any good USA made windows... other than the aluminum and glass like Grandad used.?
If so please share. This would help a lot of us.

Now it's all about money. Gone are the days of a good product at a fair price.

Check out Lewmar hatches. If you're going to spend the money, you might as well get something that is strong, waterproof and secure.

I have picked used hatches up in the past for a fraction of the price. The perspex might be slightly crazed but it's easy to replace. Check out places like Blue Pelican Marine in Alameda, CA or Minney's Yacht Surplus in Costa Mesa, CA. There are also a lot of used marine gear shops in Florida as well.

hoodlum

Check out Lewmar hatches. If you're going to spend the money, you might as well get something that is strong, waterproof and secure.

I have picked used hatches up in the past for a fraction of the price. The perspex might be slightly crazed but it's easy to replace. Check out places like Blue Pelican Marine in Alameda, CA or Minney's Yacht Surplus in Costa Mesa, CA. There are also a lot of used marine gear shops in Florida as well.
Sorry... So busy on the build I haven’t checked this site in a while.
Lewmar makes nice stuff. Picked up a used hatch at Rusty Ron’s in Morehead City NC. Thanks

hoodlum

I have four new Artic Tern Windows with black trim I would sell at 3/4 price of new if still looking. In Northern New Mexico and would need to pick up in person
Sorry gallinastrips.. I don’t check in on EP very often. It’s great for ideas but if you need specific info now it’s hard to find.
Thank you for the reply tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design