Would this work for a camper?

haven

Expedition Leader
Interesting! The Supreme Astro body is 82 inches long inside, so most people could stretch out and sleep. The roof has a small skylight to allow some daylight in. Otherwise the van would be very dark, indeed.

It appears that the Astro body is designed to fit a Chevrolet Colorado or GMC Canyon cab/chassis. The package is only 79 inches tall, so it fits in most garages. Here's the web site http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php?page=products&body=astro

supreme-astro.jpg

Instead of the Astro, I would be inclined to purchase a small slide-in camper with pop-up roof, like the Four Wheel Campers (FWC) Finch or Fleet models, and mount it on a mid-size pickup. If you want to design your own interior, FWC offers a shell model.

southpier

Expedition Leader
the company that services our appliances has the Asto trucks. one of the technicians is a surfer and i always ask him to give me the tour through the truck.

i think for live aboard there would need to be a couple of windows cut in for light and ventilation. the body is quite well made; fit, gaskets, & hardware. big plus is the one piece design = no seems to leak. i don't remember if he told me the cost, but i think it would be a real quick way to "get out there" and modifications could be made over time.

RoAsT

I have seen those for sale on brand new Canyon's at local GMC dealers in montreal for quite cheap I think...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad