Lone Peak Overland

Antwon412

I am guessing you had seen Baum Outdoors video? Im upfront with any questions. I have had 3 people reach out that had the same issue (Think I am at 63 sets sold total), I originally had the magnets inset a bit to not make any contact with the handle itself, but after the first one was brought to my attention, I made some changes and the magnets are flush and should stick directly to the handles now. I have sent replacements to everyone who had issues, and have not heard back from any that the issue occurred again. Tested them for a month before offering them, and still have the original set on my truck (4 months, 10k miles) and have had no issues. I believe its just some trucks aerodynamics make the wind come around and hit the handles at a certain angle. 2 have had issues on a tacoma, and one on an f250 I believe.

Sorry I dont get online much, so just saw the question! Hope everyone is stoked on having or getting their camper, has made trail sleeping much more enjoyable for us!

I’ve been having the flapping issue also. In my case it’s only on the side I have my awning on. I believe the mounted awning couses some weird turbulence. It flapped pretty much the entire 2000 mile trip I just took the the Southwest.
it actually started to wear away the finish on my hatch door.

Maybe you could offer an option with stronger magnets?

I think I’m going to try buying a very thin stronger magnet and try to inset it flush in the bottom of the flap.

Still very happy with them. They kept the mud and dust out of the locks and make it look very finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk