04 3rd gen Dodge Ram rock crawler expedition build

gun45boat

Adventurer
teaser pictures. Basically got a **** ton of work done today... Hopefully will have the engine running by the end of the week.

Attachments

• hemi3.jpeg
    hemi3.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 31
  • hemi2.jpeg
    hemi2.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 29
  • hemi1.jpeg
    hemi1.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 27
  • hemi4.jpg
    hemi4.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 29
  • hemi5.jpg
    hemi5.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 30
  • hemi6.jpg
    hemi6.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 29
  • hemi7.jpg
    hemi7.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 28

gun45boat

Adventurer
I know right!!!!! I guess it takes time to build a stroker engine LOL Helmet cam, CHECK. Just picked up a GOPro with the helmet mount :ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

gun45boat

Adventurer
As of now, I am running the factory exhaust through the original cats and using the factory O2 sensors. It is then cut and turned up and over exiting behind the Passenger side cab of the rig with NO muffler. It sounds amazing as it sits. But I wanted to keep it as factory as possible just in case I decide to sell the rig to a person that has stringent "exhaust laws" I made it so it would be VERY easy to hook back up the old exhaust. It currently passes smog testing now, and I am going to try REALLY hard to keep it that way, even during the programming of the Stroker engine.

gun45boat

Adventurer
didnt have a ton of time today, but the engine has been buttoned up and is ready for install tom. should be turn key tom. afternoon.

Attachments

• hem3.jpeg
    hem3.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 27
  • hem2.jpeg
    hem2.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 27
  • hem1.jpeg
    hem1.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 27
  • hem4.jpeg
    hem4.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 27

gun45boat

Adventurer
ALSO, I did the research and I ordered up the Flex-a-lite "black Widow" 183 kit to remove the factory clutch fan and install the electric fan. Bolt in kit specifically made for the Dodge Hemi 03-07. I figured this would be good to remove the factory fan clutch since I plan on revving this engine up past the 9000rpm mark

gun45boat

Adventurer
It is a darker shade of orange:ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke: Plus My daughter liked the red, and I had a spare 2 cans of dupli-color engine enamel laying around, so I saved the $12 on the paint. LOL I originally was not going to paint the block, but figured it would rust if I didn't

My daughter wanted it to be Pink, (and I was seriously considering it) :ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

bowstryder

Observer
Hey Gun, how much does your rig weigh? I was looking into getting a set of the MTR's for my burb but the research has me thinking they are for lighter trucks and don't fair so well with heavy boys......
And that thing is Knarly!!!!

gun45boat

Adventurer
Hey Bud, Fully loaded with all Expedition gear, food, spare parts, driveshafts, tools, etc.etc. (everything needed to do a trip out west) including full 45 gallon fuel tank and full 40 gallon water tanks, and my fat *** in the drivers seat, it comes in at a whopping 7489 pounds. Fully unloaded, ready to race a dirt track, or trailered to a rock crawl event, with a half tank of fuel it tips the scale at 5460 pounds even.
I have built over 9 different expo rigs, and have run EVERY tire on the market, and I will ONLY roll with Goodyear Kevlar MTR's Best tire for the highways and the rocks BAR-NONE...... They will be fine My tires are load range D (50psi) and they handle the weight incredibly well, are quiet, and will run at 129mph for over 5 minutes without coming apart :ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1