05 Ram 3500 tire ?

Gregny

Adventurer
I'm looking to put new tires on my truck and installing 2" front spacers and 2" rear blocks. I want to put 35/12.5/17 on it I'm 90% on the road with it. Are the Bf Goodrich all terrains a good choice or should I look at another brand? I want an semi aggressive tread but a smooth ride on the road with a good wear factor.

Any suggestions?

Extreme Steel

Observer
I put 315/70/17 BFG's on my 07 dodge 3500 with a 2" leveling kit up front.
you don't need the 2" lift in the rear! Steve~~

Gregny

Adventurer
Extreme Steel said:
I put 315/70/17 BFG's on my 07 dodge 3500 with a 2" leveling kit up front.
you don't need the 2" lift in the rear! Steve~~

I know that the rear blocks are not needed but I want to keep the same stock look .

What BFG's do you have and how they ride?

Guinness44

Adventurer
BFG AT. IF you even think about ANY mud, go with MT. We use ATs and run centramatic balancers, its amazing no cupping, and almost 40K miles (and got to admit never rotated/rebalanced the tires.) But are needing tires soon.
Also the rear of our 02 Ram certainly doesnt need a block, and wouldnt be a safe idea, as the factory already blocked it so much, that very often we get asked, how much lift there is. So the 05 is that much different?

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
I also run the 315 70 17 BFG AT on my Dodge 2500... I've been pretty happy with them. Some of the guys on the TDR site swear that they cause death wobble and recommend the Toyo tires.

Kyle

Extreme Steel

Observer
I love my tires and they are really quiet!!!!! I drive thru the snow in Mt Shasta and take it all the way down to Baja, 750 miles south of the border to our house in the sea of Cortez. I'm one guy who gets his money out of a set of tires. Send me a pm with your e-mail and i'll send you some pictures.
Steve~~~~~~~~~~~~~:violent-smiley-031:

mrblond

Observer
getting the BFG is not a good idea from what I have heard, its the DW thing so I bought the Toyos MT's. Not too happy with Toyos, pull right and not sure about the ride. I fixed the pull with a high clearence gas charged damper.

mastercraft/courser at2. they are a company of cooper tires( i believe). a buddy has a set on his 2500 dodge and my wife has a set on her fj and loves them. plus they will be cheaper than a bfg or toyo. in my opinion a goood tire.

jake

bat

Explorer
I have never heard of a BFG AT causing a DW tires can cause problems if not correctly rotated or balanced. I would say that most aftermarket front end stuff can give you the wobbles if not set up correctly.

Guinness44

Adventurer
BFG doesnt cause DW. (Of course, if it did, its gotta be warranted as a factory defect). On the 02 4WD front, that stuff is too weak. Luke links are helping, centramatics, are helping, soon a new steering stabilizer. And we did find a loose bolt on the trackingbar. Then the factory shoks were shot at 8Kmiles... so lots of things to keep up on.

805gregg

Adventurer
I run 315/70/ 17 BFG's All terrain on my '03 3500 Dodge and 245/ 75 /16 on my Jeep liberty, they work great and last a long time.

Gregny

Adventurer
Thanks for all the replies I'm going to go with a KORE suspension lift and 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country Mt's it seems to be the preferred choice with all the Dodge Forums I'll post up me pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1