1947 Bantam- how to put rack on for RTT?

SpeedAgent

Adventurer
I have a 47 Bantam that I would like to put an RTT on. I want to put roof rack bars on, but i'm not familiar with the various feet and what type would work well either on the outer edge of the tub or somehow attached to the pockets on the inside. Anyone done this or know what i'm talking about?
thanks,
chris

SpeedAgent

Adventurer
Anyone? Anyone have experience with different rack mounts? I'm not and don't want to buy a bunch to see what works.

thanks

85CUCV

Adventurer
You might want to have mounts and rack fabbed at a local shop. I think the price would be reasonable. If you lived closer it would be a quick fab.

atavuss

Adventurer
I made some pipe racks that are welded to pieces that sit in the stake bed pockets on my Bantam to carry my kayaks. Not uber cool to look at but very functional and cheap.
trailer.jpg

womacje

Adventurer
Pipe rack, or getting a fab shop to cut weld some angle iron to clamp on to the round rails should be easy. Basically, a really big gutter bracket.

kai38

Explorer
I added some 2x2 angle iron down the sides of my trailer with 2x2 square on top of that & added the tops off of Yakima 1A towers to hold the cross bars. Two across will work that's how I've used it for years and only added a third cross bar recently because it was laying around the garage.
28047859.10closeto6inchegainmakestireslooktoosmallnow.jpg

28017866.4Springoverbeforepicturetirecarrier.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1