1988 suburban-price reduced $5000 make offer

coreys88burban

Adventurer
was $6000 obo- edit $5000

build thread... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50923

1988 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton (G gross weight-highest for suburbans)
its my daily driver runs good and 4 x 4 works great with Warm premium manual hubs.

odometer and registration read 48,000 miles when I got it (told it was 148,000 when I got it so as its and 88 so only 5 digit odometer so I assume it is 148 not 48) I just did an oil change and tune up, has new exhaust manifolds, water pump and fuel filter. When I bought it It had new Brakes and I've put less than 3,000 miles on it.

Has a 6" suspension lift and like new 35x12.5-16.5 Bfgoodrich mud terrain KM's with a full size spare (spare is a different rim and tire but is the same size and being a spare it don't matter) has the dual (two on each side) rancho shocks in front and a new dual shock steering stabilizer. Has LED cab roof lights (did it right and sealed them good, no leaks), also has Off Road Design's sway bar disconnect/correction kit it, and thier Greasable HD front shackles both with poly bushings.

the body was repainted by the PO but truck has a clean carfax and has always passed emissions and never been in any accidents.

The interior is very clean for the year with a new dash face, stereo, speakers, headliner, and grant wheel and has the 3rd row removable seat, also the dash only has one crack (pictured below with yellow smart car) as most of these trucks dashes are falling apart.

its a Silverado package (fully loaded) cruse control, power locks, windows, rear AC (new ac system with 134a) ice cold and heater gets hot also.

les schwab did new Front Bearings, spindles and U-joints on December 3rd of this year- has 25,000 mile/3 yr warranty on parts and labor.

drivetrain is a 350 TBI / Th-400 / NP-208 with 3:73 gears (8 lug 10 bolt front and 14 bolt rear) its a factory 3/4 ton and I have a print out of all the RPO codes with the meanings in the glove box and the RPO sticker is there and all legible. get lots of looks and complements all the time. just put new distributor cap on Jan 28th. The exhuast is dumped before the rear axle and sounds great not loud just a nice rumble. i removed the belt for the air/smog pump BUT still have th belt and its in good condition and will go back on when sold.

it needs a few things that are really cheap. It needs a drivers door lock switch as the drivers switch doesn't lock/unlock but the passenger side button unlocks and locks all the doors just fine. It also needs the brushed aluminum trim part for the front door inside and a passenger side interior door pull strap and those are like $5 at a pull-a-part

Last edited:

coreys88burban

Adventurer
ok guys need it gone ASAP! so make you offers. last night i learned not to take a lifted white suburban to street races:oops: drove over a curb to get away fast (seen that somehow) then no insurance and no mud flaps. lol- although mud flap one is total bull as i swear law states that the tires need to be 2" sticking out past you fender and mine are even with my fenders..i asked him about that and he said "oh yours is modified suspension so mudflaps are required" whatever dude

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
No insurance? Thats gonna cost you a pretty penny over the long haul.

Nice truck, good luck with the sale!

~ Stump

coreys88burban

Adventurer
No insurance? Thats gonna cost you a pretty penny over the long haul.

Nice truck, good luck with the sale!

~ Stump

550 for that plus insurance was already 240 per month just to drive this truck that why i never got it. stupid price for such a cheap vehicle, when i can get a srt10 viper for like 600 more per YEAR. they wanted over 2k for my chevelle! esurance, allstate and gieko. all becuase im a male and had poor grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1