1991 Suburban 2500 4x4

jscusmcvet

Explorer
SOLD!

I bought this a few months ago from fellow expo'er Rover Trader. Here is a link to Dale's original link:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/151626-91-2500-4x4-Suburban-Trifecta-from-Cali

After a few trips in it and some upgrades, I have decided I would rather stick with my Jeep. Truck runs great. I am having trouble posting pics but you can read about the truck on my build thread:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/151873-1991-Suburban-2500

Specs:

This was a California truck and has NO rust. The roof could use paint.
350 TBI
4L80 Trans - (4 spd overdrive)
241 transfer case
8 lug GM 14 bolt SF axle
4.10 gearing
143,000 miles
235/85/16 tires with ~6000 miles on them. GY duratrack rear and generic AT front
3rd row seating
new headliner
Rear A/C
HD towing package

Upgrades since I have had it:
New plugs and wires
New Cap and Rotor
New MAP Sensor
Oil and filter change (mobil one)
Air filter
Transmission service
Rebuilt transfer case
ORD steering box brace
Borgeson Steering shaft
Lock Right locker in rear
Warn front bumper (winch ready - standard or 8276)
Skyjacker Steering stabilizer
Fused 12v to rear for fridge
LED interior lighting
I also have weather stripping for front doors and window seals, just have not done them yet
Also have original front bumper, grill guard and brackets.

The work done on the steering has cured all wander, etc... drives like a new truck. I took this on trails once up in western NC mountains. With the locker in the rear, it will go anwhere it will fit. Uses 1 quart of oil per 3000 miles or so. I get a steady 12 MPG around town and 14.6 on highway.

Asking $6900. Willing to accept cash + certain trade items: tractor with front end loader, tractor 3 point discs/plows, bush hog, compact bulldozer or skid steer, Jeep TJ/LJ upgrade parts, firearms, ammo, quality tools PM me here and we can exchange direct contact info.

John

Last edited:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Bump for a classic Suburban! Last year of the square body, and only year of the square body with the desireable 4L80 transmission! Locked rear end!

MTCK

Observer
Bummer didn't see that coming. Seems like a great deal to me. Good luck with the sale.

matt41482

Observer
bump... Ive personal seen and rode in this square body. You wont fine many like this! Great rig and a great seller to deal with!

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
John, hate to see you listing this, as I thought I had clarity on my vehicular plans- very tempted to buy it back!?!? The truck is solid, as I drove it over 3k miles in 3 days home from Cali last summer, and John has addressed many of the inherent issues with these square bodies.

Best of luck with the sale, and for those that don't know John, rest assured he is as honest/credible as they come!!

jscusmcvet

Explorer
John, hate to see you listing this, as I thought I had clarity on my vehicular plans- very tempted to buy it back!?!? The truck is solid, as I drove it over 3k miles in 3 days home from Cali last summer, and John has addressed many of the inherent issues with these square bodies.

Best of luck with the sale, and for those that don't know John, rest assured he is as honest/credible as they come!!

Thanks Dale. Solid vehicle for sure and just a bit better since I bought it from you.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Still for sale!
Burb interior headliner.jpgBurb interior 2d.jpgBurb interior front.jpg

jscusmcvet

Explorer
does the AC work?

is the cruise control working?

A/C works, vent control does not... air always blows out same vents. Vacuum issue, just have not dug into it yet.
Cruise not working... told that is a vacuum issue also, have not dug into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp