1999 Tacoma Buildup: The "Other" Flip-Pac Vince

MillerPKA

Observer
And finally, I installed some Bushwacker OEM-style fender flares. These certainly will help mitigate the 33" tires, but we'll see what they do with the 35's. What I like about these flares is that they are easy to bolt on or take off, with no drilling or damage to the body of the truck.

tacoflares1.jpg

tacoflares2.jpg

So that brings everything done to this rig up to date. Sorry for the flurry of posting, but I want this to be a progressive build up thread, with separate posts for each thing I do to the truck.

-Vince

Ah I'm jealous. I messed up the inner fender well last year wheeling on the front passenger side and the mounting tabs weren't straight when the Bushwackers went on so now there's a small gap at the top, drives me nuts!

Trail100

Observer
On your original post you mentioned wanting to remove stuff after a trip to make runs to Home Depot or whatever .. are you against getting a small utility trailer so you can just set up the truck the way you like and keep it that way? Just a thought .. truck is looking good, trying to save up for a Flippac myself. :D I'm thinking the 5.29s will get old after a long trip. I have them with 35s but an auto and 3.4, but your 2.7 and manual changes thing a bit. Keep it up. :victory:

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
I'd be willing to bet that the wheels on the 35's were 10" wide, or the backspacing is different than the wheels on the 33's.. Or both.. But the differences that you see most likely have little to do with the tires themselves.
BTW, the flares look great.

I agree--it looks like the Baja rims the MT's are on have less backspacing than the aluminum mods with the AT's, so that'll pull the tires in closer. It looks great! Glad you survived the human-jack camper transfer. I don't think I'd even try that with a 4runner top.

Do you have any pics of the amazing-looking 1st gen parked behind it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1