2 inch lift for a Dodge 3500 4 x 4

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I am in need of a pair of front coil springs for a 2007Dodge 3500 4 x 4.I need a 2 inch lift and a heavy duty rating for snow plow. The dealer show the same part number for snow plow but do not know if it going to lift the front end. I am putting a 15000 winch and bumper as well as carrying a Lance hard side camper and an aluminum tool body, full time. I have found the donut 2 inch lift but I think I need more weight cap. 400 LB front end. I am getting more springs put in the rear. And airbags. The spring shop said it would be better to get factery coils and not guess work some in the shop. They said they can install the coils and work the rear to the right height.

milo12

Adventurer
I have the Lorenz system on my truck. 2 inches higher and ride great. I have also talked with Don Thuren about his springs.

The problem is all the lifts mentioned have a lower spring rate than the stock springs. Thats why they have more compliance and travel. If you want to carry a snow plow they will all be too soft.

I recommend you get the heavy duty front springs from Dodge and run 2 inch spacers if you need a little more height for tires. Your heavy camper setup will prevent any real offroading anyway so compliance won't be an issue.

mrblond

Observer
milo12 said:
I have the Lorenz system on my truck. 2 inches higher and ride great. I have also talked with Don Thuren about his springs.

The problem is all the lifts mentioned have a lower spring rate than the stock springs. Thats why they have more compliance and travel. If you want to carry a snow plow they will all be too soft.

I recommend you get the heavy duty front springs from Dodge and run 2 inch spacers if you need a little more height for tires. Your heavy camper setup will prevent any real offroading anyway so compliance won't be an issue.

I am not buying that. The standard factory spring rate is 350lbs per inch. What is the spring weight of the Kore, Carli, Thuren etc. coil spring ?

Last edited:
Lorenz - "HD Coils provide 2" lift with 23% or 6% Increased Spring Rate. 23% HD coil is recommended for use with big ranch bumpers, winches or snowplows. Plush IR Coils provide 3" lift."

There you go. Problem solved. Right from the Lorenz website. You can choose a higher spring rate if needed. Good luck with your search.

Bjorn

I would highly DISCOURAGE you from running the spacer type "lift"with your set up. By doing so, you are raising your center of gravity without allowing spring to work in your favor. This will ultimately contribute to premature wear and tear on your other suspension components.

On our Dodge diesel, we run the KORE VR coils with an aftermarket bumper and a Warn 15000 pound winch. Coils support it with no problem. It results in about a 2.5 inch lift.

As mentioned, there are a number of aftermarket springs out there. They will all ride better than the stock HD springs, and if you plan accordingly, they will also support your front end.

I would also suggest investing in some really good shocks. The shocks will help to control the compression and rebound of all that weight. We use Fox 2.5 inch remote reservoir, racing shocks. Spendy, but great. The nice thing with that type of shock is that it is completely rebuildable and re-valveable.

good luck with your search.

Gregny

Adventurer
I have the KORE springs in my 05 3500 diesel with a Boss snowplow and no problems at all and I'm running 35" Toyo mt's...

Get the Kore HP kit what a difference on the washboards just soaks them right up..

Only thing I did add to my kit was the Sway-bar end-links (from Carli) instead of using the sway-bar drop blocks .

milo12

Adventurer
Oops I forgot about the Lorenz heavy duty springs. They are stiffer than stock as mentioned. I am not running those. I have the Lorenz "plushride IR" springs which are softer than stock. You should be fine with the HD springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1