2000, 100 series build

Benc

Explorer
that is incredibly impressive work. How much design work did you do before hand and how much of it was fabed on the fly?

Not really any design work. I had an idea of how I wanted it. I did just build one similar for a friend but his was tube, so I did have templates for the frame mounts and grill guard.
2y7ete7y.jpg
hu5yhavy.jpg
etyme5ez.jpg
hanyra5e.jpg
. Same basic design but more tube and less plate.
5yqateny.jpg
7yjudesu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Benc

Explorer
Oh haha. I think the white one is his buddies. I have heard good things about them from the Fjc guys. I'm running the older style mtr and they are nice.

Yeah the white one is my buddies . I did run the Goodyears on my tacoma and loved them other than they were hard to keep balanced.

Benc

Explorer
She's no longer a virgin! Did snake lake trail today, It was definitely different then the tacoma but it did a lot better than I expected! Didn't get much pics myself but my buddy got some video I'm going to try and get from him.
erupyzyz.jpg
adypanyn.jpg
7ypu5a8e.jpg
teqa8u9e.jpg
maqu6u5a.jpg
2asa7aga.jpg

ElHefe

I'm glad it handled the trail well Benc. Looks like the sliders are ruined though. Feel free to ship them to me!

Benc

Explorer
I'm glad it handled the trail well Benc. Looks like the sliders are ruined though. Feel free to ship them to me!

Haha, yeah I got them pretty good, I'll send them to you I just need a check for $500 to cover shipping :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
how did those 315's do? Any rubbing?

They did great! Very minor rubbing on the top of the front inner fender and no rubbing in the rear. Most people said I would need to run 2" bump extensions to keep from rubbing in the rear but it didn't rub at all. It may have been different if I had the rear sway bar disconnected. For me I wouldn't want any smaller on this big of a vehicle! The other 100 in the group had 285s and a 1 1/2" lift and he scraped all the time where mine did not. Power wise, you can feel a little power loss but not bad at all. It actually does a little better at freeway speeds ,because of the rpm change I run about 2000 at 70mph instead of 2600 so it helps fuel mileage wise. All in all I very happy with the rig and how it is set up! Now I just need to get the rear bumper and swing out built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1