2003 Lexus LX470 "Overlander" built

Bretthn

Explorer
Very nicely done. I look forward to reading and seeing more of your progress and adventures.
It is nice to see someone else appreciating the AHC and working painstakingly around it rather than simply ripping it out and going with a standard suspension. Keep up the good work.

97LXAZ

Nice snow vid. That looked like a long day. Loving your LX as I've stated before. Will be subscribing to your channel.

Nikson

Explorer
Very nicely done. I look forward to reading and seeing more of your progress and adventures.
It is nice to see someone else appreciating the AHC and working painstakingly around it rather than simply ripping it out and going with a standard suspension. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I think some partial assistance might be nice from an airbag setup inside the rear springs, to give me some more payload, but do like the AHC option, and I do not see a real point, other than looks, to go for the heavyduty bumper setups like ARBs /or similar. After all the stuff - we are talking about almost 500lbs of just extra metal on the rig.

One day - I do hope for the diesel conversion, doing some research right now and making some connections with my export customers from the other side of Pacific.

Take care,

Nikson

Explorer
Nice snow vid. That looked like a long day. Loving your LX as I've stated before. Will be subscribing to your channel.

Thanks,

It was a long day to just get in/out of some of the areas... Snow has always been my favorite, but do like the early winter fluffy stuff, rather than the melted off late spring stuff... :)

fireball

Explorer
If that doesn't make you want a winch I don't know what will! Hi lift as a winch would've also worked since you only needed to move a few feet to get over the hump.

The metal bumpers offer lots of extra protection and increased approach and departure angle. I just wish there were some lighter options available for our 100s. There are at least a few folks that have integrated a winch with the oem front bumper.

Enjoying your build so far. Watched your videos too but could only understand half of it! :)

97LXAZ

I know the BFG ATs are great tires, but do you think you would have fared any better with a designated snow tire. Maybe the GY Duratrec? I have no experience or input or even an opinion, just curious.

Nikson

Explorer
If that doesn't make you want a winch I don't know what will! Hi lift as a winch would've also worked since you only needed to move a few feet to get over the hump.

The metal bumpers offer lots of extra protection and increased approach and departure angle. I just wish there were some lighter options available for our 100s. There are at least a few folks that have integrated a winch with the oem front bumper.

Enjoying your build so far. Watched your videos too but could only understand half of it! :)

Its understandable (about the half) - I can only do part of it... LOL...

Winch - is a wanted item, yet choosing the fight is what its all about really...

I'm looking into having my buddy design some for me, and I plan to use aluminum for fabbing...

at this point probably just be doing a hitch carrier type.

Nikson

Explorer
I know the BFG ATs are great tires, but do you think you would have fared any better with a designated snow tire. Maybe the GY Duratrec? I have no experience or input or even an opinion, just curious.

Have seen lots of "other" brands in the snow, in my personal experience (refer to my youtube channel & my Jeep's snow adventures),

you will see there that even BFG KM2s are great, it all depends on the snow conditions,etc.

Running a snow tire in month of June, wouldnt be too practical - right?! :)
there is no argument on the opinion of specific things in specific purchases - thats where it all shines the best!

Douglas S.

Adventurer
Cool to see this on here, I've been subscribed to your YouTube channel for some time. Truck looks great.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nikson

Explorer
Cool to see this on here, I've been subscribed to your YouTube channel for some time. Truck looks great.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks Bud,

It is how it is... pretty much done with the build, just need to throw some final touches & start getting ready for the big trip to Colorado...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1