2006 DC Tundra. DD meets ongoing tinkering.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
My alternator is either a 130 or 140, cant remember. The stock GA cable in theory should be fine, but I'll do the BIG 3 upgrade as its free and i have a bunch of 2 GA welding cable laying around that I can do. I upgraded Battery - to Ground because it was cheap and easy and that 6 or 8 GA wire is pretty small. I was going to do the Alt to + and Block to - , but I didn't do it because while the Alt to + is super easy, the block to - is pretty tight and tricky, and IMO they both need to be done so they are sized the same.

I'll do the wire GA upgrade and see how that goes and if I can't get it I may look into some tech specs on aftermarket alts and do a bit of reading on that mechman dongle. Thanks.

My Odyssey battery charger will be here tomorrow and I'll disconnect my ML-ACR and hit both the batteries with a top up charge

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Got the brackets for the fuse block and battery hold down painted and installed. Used the same bed liner stuff I used for the sliders and bumper. Should hold up alot better than the sliders are.
20170222_165428.jpg

Also, added +10HP.

20170222_170805.jpg

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Heading out of the country 6 months. Should have lots of toys/parts waiting at the house when I get back. Should be a fun fall season. Hopefully I can get out for a run or two before the snow falls. Till then.

seanpistol

Explorer
Also, welded up the OEM cam tabs. Should help with flattening them.

20170122_165454.jpg

Here to look at this, Solo Motorsports suggested I do there same.

Currently waiting for my buddy to come over that has an oxy/acetylene torch on the back of his truck. My LCAs are not coming out on their own.

Fox coilovers are off the truck. I'll get them boxed up this week.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Sounds good, thanks man. Send tracking when available.

Torch works, might be a bit messy. Watch your CV boots. If you have a good corded sawzall or a angle grinder, that might be better. Tho the torch will be much faster.

6/8 are pretty easy to weld, two a tough. Kinda PITA to get the sufrace ready to weld. 4.5 grinder worked well on some, but a 1/4 Angle Air Grinder with a small wire wheel will work well for the other two.

smokeysevin

Re-redoing things the third time
Use either the Demon metal blades, the milwaukee torch blades, or the lenox blades, go slow with light pressure and lots of lube to cut the parts.

Sean

seanpistol

Explorer
I had the Lenox blades, they were garbage. Last night went and got the Diablo carbide tip thick metal blades from Home Depot after seeing a tip about them on T4R and had both A-arms out in 10 minutes! That is the best Sawzall blade I've ever used, super impressed.

IMG_7156.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Here to look at this, Solo Motorsports suggested I do there same.

Currently waiting for my buddy to come over that has an oxy/acetylene torch on the back of his truck. My LCAs are not coming out on their own.

Fox coilovers are off the truck. I'll get them boxed up this week.

Can this be done with arms still installed ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
Not sure. It's only about an inch long weld on each side of the tab, but if you get the bushings too hot you're going to have a bad time.

smokeysevin

Re-redoing things the third time
I had the Lenox blades, they were garbage. Last night went and got the Diablo carbide tip thick metal blades from Home Depot after seeing a tip about them on T4R and had both A-arms out in 10 minutes! That is the best Sawzall blade I've ever used, super impressed.

IMG_7156.jpg

Those were the ones I liked the best as well.

Sean

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
New toy from Odyssey came in to help keep my PC1200S charged. AGMS like 14.4 and my alternator only puts out 14.0. Excited to try it out. Has an excellent charge/float program.

Skype_Photo_20170412_184946.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1