2006 Ford E-350 SuperDuty RWD Campulance, BULLETPROOFED, With Aluminess Goodies and 6" Lift.

epinfRN

IMG_0123.jpeg

I am sadly forced to sell my beloved van, the Ativan, due to a recent injury, subsequent trip in a LifeFlight helicopter, and hospital stay. It's impossible for me to overstate the difficulty of this decision, but I am looking forward to meeting the next person who this van will continue bringing years of joy to. Details as follows.

2006 Ford E-350 SuperDuty RWD 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel with 273K on chassis, approximately 40K since total top end rebuild and bulletproofing. I have owned this van since 2017 having purchased it from the EMS company that owned it since brand new. As you're almost surely aware these 6.0s can be problematic; this van was no exception. I got this van as a deal because it needed to be bulletproofed, which I did immediately upon purchasing, as well as many other recommended replacements or repairs. I spent $17k on parts and labor in this process, sparing no expense (clearly) and focusing on longevity. I expect the current engine build and drive train to last well past 500K miles, and probably longer. My plan was a 4x4 conversion through Timberline Conversions until my accident.

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN/RELIABILITY:

-OEM reman heads
-OEM head gaskets
-MRP studs
-Blue spring upgrade
-EGR cooler delete
-8 new stock fuel injectors
-new stock HPOP
-7.3 fan clutch upgrade
-OEM oil rail replacement
-6" Action Van Suspension RWD lift with brand new coil springs, Bilstein shocks, sway bar, and control arms in front and 6" blocks, Bilstein shocks in rear.
-5X 16" Procomp wheels (full-sized spare located on rear bumper)
-275 85 16 BFG KO2s (brand new in 2021, <5K miles on them).
-In 2019 the rear axle was rebuilt by a local driveline shop specializing in off-road vehicles. It got all new bearings, seals, clutch pack.
-In 2020 the bottom end of the transmission was rebuilt by my diesel mechanic

In sum, this van is one front diff short of a totally rebuilt driveline from engine to tires. As such I have been able to get to some deep backcountry camping spots that Promasters and Transits could only dream of (no offense, but there's no substitute for clearance!).

Interior build was designed for extended stays in remote areas. The pictures will speak for themselves but, in sum, I chose an ambulance for its abundance of storage, bulletproof wiring from the upfitter, ability to add on and tap into electrical system, and uniqueness. Suffice to say this build is always appreciated for its uniqueness.

INSIDE BUILD
-Queen size modular bed. It spends most of its time as an L-shaped couch that slides out into a bed.
-6" memory foam mattress
-200 AH sealed AGM house batteries
-2x 100 watt Renogy solar panels
-30a solar charge controller
-1500 watt inverter/charger
-6x 120v outlets
-Propane 2 burner stove with thermostat
-Connected sink (6 gallon fresh, 7 gallon gray)
-R13 insulation batts in entire rear end
-R6 Foam insulation in ceiling
-MaxAir ceiling fan
-18000 BTU propane furnace. I've slept in this doll in negative temperatures under nothing more than a down comforter none the wiser in great comfort.
-bed frame lifts to expose storage beneath with lag bolts to synch items down
-Large drawer accessible from rear of vehicle with slam latch and hatchet as pull handle
-Custom table on modular stand that ties into floor mount, hides away with ease
-Metric FUCKTON of lockable storage underneath bed, in cabinets on wall, and behind driver's seat.
-Brand new Bluetooth capable touchscreen stereo
-10k pound two hitch with wiring

OUTSIDE:
This entire van was built with mountain biking trips in mind, as well as a backup sanctuary as I worked as a travel nurse. As such I wanted a secure means of transporting two MTBs without sacrificing space within the internal build. To achieve this, I based the entire internal build around the rear bumper, built by Aluminess, which allowed for transport of bicycles out of reach of most on the outside of the vehicle allowing me to maximize the internal space. Aluminess's rear swing-out bumper assembly with lockable box (propane tank home!), 2 bike rack, recovery gear storage space, and full-size spare tire carrier fit the bill. I also added an aluminess ladder for access to the roof. I love spending evenings atop the van to watch the sunset or the moonrise.

SUMMARY:
This van is ready for at least your next decade of outdoor adventures. Should you wish to add your splash of creativity it is a readily accepting canvas for further external lighting, roof racks, or even painting if you dislike white. With its recent history of upgrades and endurance-focused repairs, she will be a turn-key rig ready for fall MTBing, hiking, camping, boating. If you desire a 4x4 conversion you can do so knowing it will outlast and outperform many of the competing models within the market, especially for the price.

Asking price is $29,500. The Ativan is located in Fruita, Colorado. I am open to delivery within the four corners area dependent on situation and considerable deposit as agreed upon by both parties. Messages here, at garrett.curtis@gmail.com or texts/calls at 207-240-7002 are all welcome.

IMG_0130.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0137.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0117.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0073.jpeg
IMG_0071.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0141.jpeg
IMG_0100.jpeg

hansu

Sorry to hear about your accident. Been through a few surgeries myself and still bouncing back. Wish you the same luck.

I'm actually pretty interested. I need to get through your bullets and I'll DM you if I think I might want to head over there. I'm in Southern UT.

epinfRN

Sorry to hear about your accident. Been through a few surgeries myself and still bouncing back. Wish you the same luck.

I'm actually pretty interested. I need to get through your bullets and I'll DM you if I think I might want to head over there. I'm in Southern UT.
I appreciate that! Feel free to reach out with any remaining/unanswered questions. Heal up quick regardless!

epinfRN

Price drop! $25k. Willing to hear offers.

Curious for feedback re: pricing as my ad hasn't generated as much interested as I expected. Given the extras and the good case to be made for the vehicle's longevity after all the upgrades I assumed it was accurately priced.

epinfRN

How tall is the rear space?

Being 6' 2" limits the vehicles I can actually stand up in

I’m also 6’2”. It’s been SO much better than my first van which had nothing more than the stock roof which made sitting on the bed a challenge. That said, I believe inside height is around 5’11”. It’s a happy medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbeefy

Adventurer
I think $25-30k is a reasonable asking price.
I've been casually looking for a 6.0 E350 and they seem to be more rare than v10's.

Good luck with sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1