2006 Sportsmobile 4X4 - EB50 floorplan - Diesel - 60K miles - $79,000

nateGWS

PM me for any additional details or any questions

We love this rig but just don't have the time to use it as much as we'd like (we've put less than 5K miles on it in the last year and most of that was from one trip. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be able to use it too much this summer either…I hate to see it sit around another year…but I also hate the prospect of trying to find something to replace it at some point

Details of the van:

mechanical/exterior
6.0L Diesel with extensive work done on it one year ago (less than 5,000 miles ago)
5-speed automatic
-Sportsmobile 4X4 system (Atlas II transfer case and Dynatrac front axle) with upgraded springs/shocks
-8" lift with custom springs from Ujoint Off Road and Bilstein remote reservoir shocks (suspension new in 2010 - springs, shocks, spring hangers)
- custom RBP 4" full exhaust; aftermarket SCT engine tuner (w/ Economy, street, and tow programs)
- BD EGT and Boost gauge;
-Espar Hydronic system can be used as engine preheater
-Camburg Engineering front bumper w/ 3 HID off road lights (have Aluminess front bumper that is almost new and on our other van that could be swapped on)
-Aluminess rear bumper (just added) with new tire swing arm specifically for 37" tire and Deluxe box (on order for mid June)
-Electric drop down running boards on both sides (I think they're AMP Research) - very sweet and very nice to have given the height
-Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5R20 tires on KMC Revolver 20X10 wheels (with full size matching spare)
-Fiamma awning
-Bushwacker fender flares
-electric penthouse pop up with zippered screens and additional black out shades on windows
-46 gallon TransferFlow tank
-Aluminess side ladder
-RunCool hood vents (recently installed so not in many of the photos)
-engine batteries are Optima yellow tops and are in great shape (just ad them tested a few months ago)

interior
-very extensive stereo/video system with in dash DVD player with navigation, dual zone outputs, etc, drop down TV in roof, and TV in swing out door for outdoor viewing (includes protective cover to cover when not in use
-audio system includes large JL audio amp, subwoofers, aftermarket speakers, etc.
-have KVH Tracvision in motion satellite system that I removed but would be easily reinstalled (did not remove wiring)
-Espar Airtronic diesel heating system
-Espar Hydronic diesel coolant heating system with flat plate heat exchanger for instant hot water
-16gallon water tank, sink, and water heater as above (Espar)
-electric penthouse pop up with zippered screens and additional black out shades on windows
-leather seats throughout, marine vinyl floor with removable carpet
-exterior shower
-refrigerator, inverter, etc.
-EB-50 floorplan, swivel passenger seat, electric driver seat
-porta-potty
-Aftermarket alarm system (Clifford?) with Viper remotes, remote start etc
-large under floor storage
-back-up camera
-removable galley box on inside of side door
-there are many extras I'm sure I'm forgetting

work done in the last year (all done at a specialty diesel shop and receipts are all available)
-new heads, ARP head studs, Bulletproof Diesel EGR cooler, Wicked Wheel billet compressor wheel, BPD billet water pump, all new hoses/radiator/etc, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filtration kit, new oil cooler, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filters, all fluids changed, rear calipers and pads, serpentine belt, rear driveline joint, etc.

-new big 4D AGM deep cycle camper battery in the last year

-new redesigned pop-top struts were installed (these are the revised ones with the solid inserts)

Overall, this is a one of a kind, super sweet setup. It's different from many vans in that it's on 37s obviously, but also there is no propane system to deal with. The Espar heaters (Airtronic and Hydronic) work great and there is no installed stove which we prefer. We use a small butane catering stove that packs up into a little case and can be used to cook outside or in (we almost always used outside the few times we used it). The van rides amazing for it's size and handles the lift and large tires without a problem. The only drawback I find with the tires is a little road noise on the highway, but these particular tires are pretty aggressive mud/snow tires. I'd love to keep this rig, but unfortunately at this stage in our lives it just sits next to the house and gets driven to the grocery store every so often. CL1.jpgCL2.jpgCL4.JPGCL6.JPGCL8.JPGCL7.JPGCL9.JPG

Sorry about some of the photos…some are grainy and old (from when we got it) and I don't have any newer interior shots at the moment

nateGWS

We've decided that this rig would be too hard to replace and are just going to hang onto it and use it as much as possible.

NightGlow

It looks like a great set up and I would keep it too. I am in CO as well and was wondering if you would "rent" or AirBnB it for a long weekend this summer or fall?

nateGWS

Thanks for offer, but I wouldn't know what to do with such a big boat. As far as renting the can this fall, I'm not completely opposed to it, however, would have to figure out insurance logistics, etc....sounds like a pain. Since we decided to keep the van we still haven't used it...just been sitting under a cover :(

nocensorbo

Observer
if this doesnt sell in a few months when i get my settlement id like to make a serious cash offer. But until than get out and enjoy it!!

nateGWS

if this doesnt sell in a few months when i get my settlement id like to make a serious cash offer. But until than get out and enjoy it!!

yeah, keep me posted…if we don't start getting a bunch of use out of it, it's going to be hard to justify keeping it.

nateGWS

also, for those that have asked…as far as gas mileage, it consistently gets 14-15mpg on the hwy and 12+mpg with mixed around town driving…pretty good for such a big van on chunky 37's. That's on the economy tune which still has plenty of power and I always run a cetane booster which may or may not help a tiny bit. With the low price of diesel it's actually cheaper to drive than our big SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1