2010 Dodge Cummins 3/4 Ton Crew Cab

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Bored out H2 rims work well with the 35's. Use as little air as possible in the airbags as they do limit articulation. Nice truck! Genos garage sells a very functional bugscreen/protector for the intercooler. They're a good source for maintenance parts as well.

bat

Explorer
I would go with 17" rims over 19.5" just to much rim and not enough tire for air down

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Thanks for the complement, coming from you it means a lot to me.

I had wondered what you were up to after to sold RMOR to some "interesting" individuals.

Do you have a website for your new endeavours? I was always a fan of your work.

I am still working on my buggy slowly but I the last couple of years I have been away with work more than I am home.

Jay, interesting doesn't even begin to describe those guys! Oh well, lessons learned, lawsuits won so I'm all right. www.liteindustries.ca is my last 4 year venture, takes me all over North America and a few off beat parts of the world and gets me involved with a lot of the locals wherever I go so I get to immerse myself in the local culture which I enjoy very much. I am spending a bit of time in Texas and have really come to enjoy the area and people. I'm glad to see you are doing well, always enjoyed a visit, you should post up a pic or two of your old truck, that was an awesome truck too.

debo75

Not to thread hijack, Jeep, I just checked out your site. The internal roll cage you produce is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I was in an accident a few years back, and flattened the cab on my Superduty. I now have another Superduty, and I've been looking at options for putting in a low profile roll cage. This is the best design I've seen so far. There's a thread going on in another forum about this kind of protection from a rollover, I'm going to post a link to your site. I know I'm not the only one who could use this.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Actually they are a rubber grommet trailer light grommet. (Drilled with a 4.5" hole saw) and 35 watt 4" headlight bulb. They just push in to mount them once the hole is drilled. A good parts store will have a 4" headlight bulb and the trailer grommets. I think all in they cost me $16. They should be bright enough to see from the truck mirrors when backing up and well protected.

Also the grommets allow you to mount the light in a spot that is not truely flat as the bumper itself has some curve to it but it holds the lights very well.

Did you just wire them straight into the existing reverse lights? Did you add a relay?

Thanks
-Chris

sapper

Adventurer
Mark I may have to see if you have a listing for a 2500 crew cab for an interior cage. Or if you need a truck to use for mock up I can deliver mine from Sept-Dec as I will be away with work for that period.

As for the back-up lights they are wired via a relay (mounted behind the drivers side tail light) and controlled via a switch to turn on with the reverse lights (auto) and manually. I all my switches wired to a keyed power source so that they are only on when the truck is running.

sapper

Adventurer
Well it was a good weekend.

I decided to keep with the 17" wheels as I scored a set of factory take offs like new (actually less than a 1000 miles on them) for $400. Once I have a bit more money I will send them down to Trail Ready to get the modified for beadlocks, and powdercoated Black. I pick them up Thursday after a bit of a drive.

I also scored some parts for the back seat to make the floor flat with the back seats folded up which will be very nice and they are a factory piece from a 1500 sport model. I pick those up Thurs also. Looking forward to that and the dogs will enjoy it much more as well.

Still working of the DPF delete without a Check engine Light (CEL) and without a tuner. These new 2010s ECU is much more inteligent that the previous models.

Also sometime this week my 4 jerry cans should be here then I can fab up a mount for them in the bed to secure them. I still plan for a titan tank but this is an interm plan for now. 200L of fuel should be good for a bit.

I also began to bend up some 1" tubing for the light bar to hold my lights but I am still waiting to figure out if I am going to mount them to the bumper or the top of the canopy. I like them high for better light spread but cops don't in a lot of places so I am still planning.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The 2010's are so sensitive that a simple freer flowing air intake sets off a CEL. My buddy just sold his '05 CTD and bought a 2010 and just loves that thing. I don't know if it's possible to be code free w/deletes on these 6.7's w/o a tuner. Warranty coverage goes out the door also.

sapper

Adventurer
The 2010's are so sensitive that a simple freer flowing air intake sets off a CEL. My buddy just sold his '05 CTD and bought a 2010 and just loves that thing. I don't know if it's possible to be code free w/deletes on these 6.7's w/o a tuner. Warranty coverage goes out the door also.

Knowing what I know now I wish I would have purchased an 09 for the mods I have planned. I am working with a couple people to build sims that work for the DPF delete.

Those running the AFE intakes seem to be running fine but the S&B intake I wanted seems to be throwing codes. Cummins/Dodge really seem to want to keep people from changing things on these trucks, or at least monitor those that do.

If I can't get the code free delete to work then I will be stuck waiting the 5 years but I have a long list of other improvements I will do to the truck to make it better suited to my needs until the warrenty is up.

angusdevil

Adventurer
Or just get a tunner and get it taken care of. Give it a year or two and these trucks will have all the shortcuts and bypasses figured out.

As always, check up on cumminsforum.com for the latest and greatest on the tuners and sims.

sapper

Adventurer
Well I got a lot done today. I changed out the back seat bin lids with ones from a 1500 because they fold forward and give more flat floor when the seats are up.

I also got the Viair compressor and 2 tanks in as well as a 50ft retractable hose reel in too, as well as my train horns in.

I will get pictures added soon, I have a trip planned tommorrow and I wanted all this work done before we headed out.

I also picked up a second set of factory rims from a 2010 Laramie for a good price which I am hoping to have modified to accept beadlocks, I have to figure out if I am going to use Trail Ready or OMF. They should look something like this when done.

attachment.php

sapper

Adventurer
I spent an hour talking to the dealer about the deletes I have planned as well as the tuner I plan to run to prevent any CEL's.

I am going to order an H&S MiniMaxx which should work very well. Once I have it in I will then work on the deletes of the DPF filter and EGR.

Some crappy iphone pics but you get the idea, of how I mounted my compressor. I still need to tidy up all the wiring as I hate to see wiring anywhere.

I mounted the tanks and compressor under my canopy high and dry.

6d882aef.jpg

71023d15.jpg

88fde30d.jpg

07ab57e6.jpg

17ee14e2.jpg

The horns were hard to locate. I ended up mounted them facing down under the box near the fuel fill hose. It is tight but works very well. I have quad horns.

ea298699.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal